Big Mike's BBQ SmokeHouse
Big Mike's BBQ Smokehouse is looking for an experienced Kitchen manager ready to lead and deliver outstanding BBQ in a friendly and family atmosphere. Big Mike supports great company culture and family atmosphere, as the leader, it is the most pressing responsibility of our management team.
We offer Weekly pay 401-K, paid vacation, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Big Mike’s BBQ Smokehouse: “To be the best at serving customers taking care of our staff and meeting the expectations for high-quality BBQ”
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests
- Count money and make bank deposits
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation
- Ensure that all products are received in the correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary
- A high school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years experience in a restaurant management position
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to restaurant team-members
- Ability to lead and manage a team of more than 30 restaurant team-members
- Understanding of cost controls including food and labor
$40,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Big Mike's BBQ SmokeHouse
Big Mike’s BBQ Smokehouse success depends on our people. Our restaurant can only prosper and provide opportunities for employment and growth when we continually improve ourselves, and the work we do. We recognize, however, that success is not measured by sales, guest counts, and numbers alone.
We are measured as much by the way in which we achieve our goals, as we are by the actual achievements themselves. We believe that a commitment to uncompromising values and integrity should always guide our decisions and actions as we pursue our goals.