The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring that all products are produced properly, on time, and in an efficient manner. This is achieved by directing and managing production line supervision, warehouse personnel, maintenance personnel, and liaising with quality assurance staff.
This position must have an intricate knowledge of all products, production processes, and production equipment. The Plant Manager must communicate short term and long-term goals to production and warehouse personnel and hold them accountable for achieving goals by reporting progress as needed.
This position must have a working knowledge of food safety principles, Kaizen, 5S, Lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement processes and create a culture among production employees that endorses compliance to food safety.
- Interfaces with Production Line leadership and Procurement Manager to plan and prioritize production activities.
- Supervises and evaluates performance of Production Supervisors, Warehouse supervisor, and maintenance personnel.
- Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices are followed at all times by production staff.
- Liaises with Quality Assurance department to ensure product quality; schedules production time to sort product with potential quality defects; assists in investigating root cause of customer complaints.
- Assists in implementing corrective actions to customer complaints; regulatory audit findings; and 3rd party audit non-compliances.
- Liaises with Human Resources to hire front line production and warehouse employees and supervision; approve payroll; execute disciplinary action for production personnel.
- Liaises with Maintenance Department to communicate equipment issues, assign urgency level to equipment breakdowns, and prioritize maintenance work orders.
- Liaises with Production Scheduler/Purchasing Manager by assisting in prioritizing production jobs based on shipping schedules; communicating personnel and equipment deficiencies; communicating existing or potential raw material shortages.
- Assists in training of food safety/SQF principles as assigned by the Training Manager.
- Capable of reconciling production using ERP software.
- Creates and implements initiatives to improve productivity and product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing or acceptable related experience.
- This position must have a minimum of 5 years of management experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Should be knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, (specifically Excel).
- Knowledge and ability to use internal ERP technology platform.
- Basic Lean Six Sigma principles and methodologies Kaizen, 5S, Continuous Improvement.
Physical and mental requirements of the job include:
- Must be able to walk production area. Work shifts may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, include weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Must be able to work at desk using computer, telephone and other basic office equipment effectively.
- Must be physically able to work in sometimes awkward situations with manufacturing equipment and handle light to moderate weight as necessary.
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull and grasp.
$90,000 - $125,000
Pride, passion and performance are the hallmark of our associates and we are looking for choice individuals that want to serve the communities in which they work. Join us!