Full Heart Child Care
The position of Teacher Assistant includes fostering an environment to promote the physical, mental, social and academic well-being of children at Full Heart Child Care. Teacher Assistants provide quality care in balance with social and intellectual experiences. With appropriate guidance, children will grow both psychologically and socially in the care of Lead Teachers and Teacher Assistants.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in planning age-appropriate lesson plans for classrooms in the areas of art, sensory, science, math, and literacy to assist in achieving developmental milestones for the children
- Help to create an environment that fosters learning through play by having activities available to children all day, every day
- Incorporate process-based art in the classroom and have open-ended art available, as well as sensory-based activities available. Process-based art encourages the children to learn independency and order of operations through trial and error
- While collaborating with other teachers in the room, use appropriate, positive behavior management techniques for the children in your care. Along with using appropriate and positive behavior management techniques, you must determine the correct form of behavior management depending on the situation given
- Create a safe and welcoming environment for children in our care
- Use the "brightwheel" app to record meals, toileting/diapering, naps, and post 2 pictures of each child for the parents to see
- Comfort children who are struggling with any aspect of their self-regulation ability (feeling sad, angry, hurt, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of experience working with children ages 6 weeks-5 years of age
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to solve problems and act quickly in a crisis
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a high-stress, loud environment
- Must have strong decision-making skills
$14 - $16.50 hourly
About Full Heart Child Care
Full Heart Child Care is a privately-owned child care organization that models a play-based learning curriculum for Infants through PreK (ages 6 months-5 years). At Full Heart, we not only believe in play-based learning but process-based activities where children can grow and learn through their own mistakes.
At Full Heart Child Care, it is our belief that every child is entitled to a safe, nurturing, and loving environment. We believe that the spiritual and emotional development of a child is just as important as the intellectual. Our teachers deliver individualized care and support for each child that cultivates a setting in which every child can learn and love to their fullest potential. At Full Heart, we teach and practice the ideas of full acceptance for those of different races, religions, and abilities. Above all else, we are in the business of filling hearts, enriching minds, and inspiring the souls of every child in our care.