Turion Space is seeking skilled Flight Software engineers. We are a startup and small team.
As a Flight Software Engineer, you will work directly with the Turion team to assist in the development, execution, and implementation of the flight software that commands and monitors our spacecraft. Your experience, creativity, and ambition will directly impact the architecture of the vehicle's software and computer systems as the missions increase in complexity.
Generous equity compensation. Stock Options.
- Implement software for automated testing at component, functional, and system levels, including HITL (Hardware in the Loop) testing
- Design, develop and validate spacecraft flight software, ground software, and simulation software
- Write drivers for various satellite subsystems (reaction wheels and other adcs components)
- Select flight computers, and design overall satellite software architecture
- Perform Flight Software validation, verification, and integration
- Implement low-level software to interface with various spacecraft components
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS, EE (or equivalent background knowledge)
- Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++)
- Experience in implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware and/or software from scratch
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with Linux and shell command-line tools
- Basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing
- Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, SpaceWire
- Experience with Python (or other high-level OO scripting language(s))
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
$90,000 - $130,000 yearly
About Turion Space
Turion Space was formed with the vision of building the technology required for humanity's interplanetary future. To achieve this goal Turion Space is building spacecraft for LEO to move things around in space, and gather SDA data when we're not. Turion Space aims to build the highest dV/$ space transport vehicles and is launching the DROID.001 mission in April 2023.