The Azzi Diamond Jewelers Sales Manager will effectively lead, develop and support the sales team members of the store to meet and/or exceed sales plans and profitability targets. The Azzi Diamond Jewelers Sales Manager is a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered relationship building; someone that could be called a mentor, a teammate, a coach, while setting expectations for unsurpassed customer service.
The Azzi Diamond Jewelers Sales Manager will be accountable for the following Key Performance Indicators:
Achieve and/or Exceed Sales Plan:
- Drive self and sales team to consistently exceed sales results.
- Create, communicate, and execute an annual plan for the sales team.
- Model and coach selling behaviors to ensure effective closing of potential sales opportunities.
- Act as a sales leader liaison between the owner and sales professionals, including weekly meetings with the owner to discuss store and staff performance.
- Ensure an accurate, timely alignment of sales professional’s actions to company directives.
- Capture meaningful customer data for the purposes of connecting with the client, building relationships, and personalizing future client development opportunities.
- Execute proactive strategic outreach in order to ensure future sales opportunities and exceed customer expectations.
- Support key Company and Local events - and product launches - with strategic client attendance and sales results.
- Model, coach and hold staff accountable for providing a luxury experience in all customer interactions.
- Regularly and effectively use the coaching tools to provide a consistent luxury experience.
- Regularly encourage and develop sales professionals through coaching to the Azzi Diamond Jewelers training manual; ensure all sales professionals are given feedback at least once per week.
- Motivate and inspire Sales Professionals through effective use of the performance management process, recognition, regular coaching and enthusiastic communication.
Only applications that include a cover letter answering the following questions will be considered for this position. You'll be asked to provide this cover letter during the application process.
- What books best exemplify your managerial style/philosophy? Give an example of a time that you set an aggressive goal and the steps you took to reach it.
- Give an example of a time you didn't reach a goal and how you adjusted.
- What should your sales be compared to a senior sales associate? To a regular sales associate?
- 3+ years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail or relevant customer related experience (i.e. hospitality).
- Proven track record in sales generation and managing the achievement of sales results.
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e. on the sales floor, operations, etc).
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills using positive leadership models.
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, client tracking systems and point of sales (POS) system.
- Ability to present business strategy to audiences utilizing current technology with strong professional presentation skills.
- Through professional presence and behaviors, ability to inspire trust, integrity, influence client and staff members.
- Dynamic team player with ability to positively motivate staff and network locally and regionally to build relationships.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States or in the country where the position is based.
- A college/university degree.
- Graduate gemologist degree or previous Gemological Institute of America (GIA) course work is preferred.
This job's compensation is a combination of salary and performance based bonuses/commission.
$80,000 plus per year, Base Salary and Commission allows for HUGE potential
About Azzi Jewelers
Azzi Jewelers is an iconic staple to Lansing and the surrounding area, carrying the best brands in the business and always evolving to ensure that we have the products that people desire. Our goal at Azzi Jewelers is to revolutionize the jewelry buying experience for every customer that walks through our doors. Our reputation of being the most trusted, ethical, responsible and brilliant jewelry store is very important to every employee within the company. We strive to offer the absolute best buying experience and customer service to all of our guests. Each of our products are hand selected to guarantee that only the top on the line merchandise is available to our customers. We welcome all customers into the Azzi family and believe that once the bond is created, it will be impossible to break. Our roots are embedded in our community and will be for generations to come. We will always set goals for ourselves and our company to guarantee that we continue to soar above all others.