New York Life
This is an Entry-Level Position. Please apply if you are looking for more than just a job and are ready for a career.
The Financial Professional position is a client-based where you grow your own career, but have the support of a Fortune 100 company. As a Financial Professional with New York Life, you will individuals, families, and businesses alike into the financial future they desire by utilizing our insurance and financial product lines. You'll help solidify your own future as well because you’ll have the opportunity to own your career while being aligned with a company where hard work is valued and rewarded.
Our new, blended training and development program is designed to work with your schedule, and in this type of role, that can make all the difference. The multifaceted system includes:
- In conjunction with in-office training, we’ve created a comprehensive and learning experience within New York Life’s online portal system that is accessible anytime, anywhere, and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
- You can read in full about all benefits1for our Financial Professional role here: We have Fast Track to Management opportunities for qualified professionals once established in the career.
New York Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Full-time agents and their dependents are immediately eligible for medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and group term life insurance. New York Life reserves the right to terminate benefits at any time for any reason.
MDRT(Million Dollar Round Table)is recognized throughout the industry as the standard of excellence in life insurance sales performance. SOURCE: MDRT as of 7/1/2019
- Participate in educational meetings or seminars relevant to client risk tolerant and financial objectives for research prior to offering sound financial advice
- Create customized financial plans using the products and services we offer based on each client’s potential life and financial needs
- Leverage marketing and social media tools to identify, pursue, and secure new clients who can benefit from having a trusted financial advisor
- Use a CRM to organize each client’s financial status, goals, cash flow, and monetary expectations for use in their individual financial plan
- Provide financial recommendations to clients for savings plans, life insurance policies, mutual fund investments, and other financial products
- Attend scheduled training sessions
- Identify and engage prospects
- Join a business networking group
- Uncompromising integrity and the ability to effectively communicate complex programs and ideas is required
- Relationship management skills are required
- Ability to successfully network to prospect new potential clients is a must
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-year College Degree
- Candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong desire to help others
- It is also a plus if you have strong interpersonal management skills, are a self-starter, and capable of working individually as well as in a team environment
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
About New York Life
As a mutual company, with no investors or outside owners, New York Life is uniquely aligned with our clients’ interests and priorities. We had over 170 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
- A promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both you and your clients
- #71 on Fortune 100 in 2019
- Most MDRT members in any United States Mutual company 2019
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard & Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 7/30/18