Consider becoming an insurance agent to drive a positive impact in the lives of families every day. At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. Backed by a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry, New York Life will invest in you from the start, training you invaluable skills such as marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), and communication, and providing you with a development team and sales support to guide your success.
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families, and small businesses. This is not just a sales job—it’s a career with purpose and opportunity. You’ll provide peace of mind to your clients while helping them navigate challenges that many of them find complex and confusing, such as preparing for retirement and saving for college. As an insurance agent, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact of your work for years to come. You will grow personally and professionally along with your clients.
What we offer...
Training and development
We’ll equip and train you with a multi-faceted approach that includes an industry-leading learning platform, personalized coaching from dedicated training professionals, and the ability to obtain industry professional designations. We are so committed to training that we’ll subsidize it in your first two years, providing you with additional funds to help keep you on your feet while you complete our training program and grow your business. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with sales incentives and professional development trips for our top-performing insurance agents.
Beyond this training and support, New York Life will equip you with the tools you need to succeed day-to-day, including experts on hand to answer your questions and a suite of digital sales, prospecting and marketing tools that will help you attract and retain your clients with web, social and email content.
Products and solutions
Together with its subsidiaries, New York Life provides a range of products, including life insurance, annuities, long term care insurance, and investment products such as mutual funds through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member of FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, ensuring that the solutions you develop with your clients can help them and their families achieve their financial goals. You’ll also be able to specialize and gain expertise in different areas, such as by becoming a financial advisor with Eagle Strategies LLC, our investment advisory division to offer wealth management and advisory services 1, estate planning strategies, and business solutions.
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a strong team with peer-to-peer support options like study groups, mentorship, and other opportunities to engage with your fellow insurance agents.
How we will compensate you
You have the power to determine your own income with our commission-based compensation. Across our more than 12,000 diverse agent population, the average income in 2020 was $91,351.2 Individual agent performance dictates this income. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) and pension.
About New York Life...
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on long-term success for our clients.
Awards & Accolades...
We’re proud of our financial strength
We’re proud of our position in the industry.5
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity.
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients.7
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
1. Wealth Management and advisory services are offered by Financial Advisors of Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser, and a New York Life company.
2. As reflected by company data. Historical company data is provided for informational purposes only. Agent income is not guaranteed. Income is dependent upon the sales of each agent. Individuals reflected sold at least one life insurance policy.
3. New York Life reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plans, in whole or in part, at any time.
4. New York Life Insurance Company continues to receive the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the U.S. from all four major rating agencies. Source: Individual Third-Party Rating Reports: A.M. Best A++ (7/22/20), Fitch Ratings AAA (as of 12/10/20), Moody’s Aaa (as of 1/6/21), and Standard & Poor’s AA+ (as of 10/14/20).
5. Full list of our awards is available here: https://www.newyorklife.com / newsroom / our-awards-and-recognition
6. Source: Fortune Magazine, 2021. Rankings are determined by a proprietary formula that weights nine criteria to create an overall score.
7. All figures reflect the consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company and its domestic insurance subsidiaries including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation for the 12 months ending December 31, 2020. AR10511_062021_v2 SMRU 1900838 Exp. 12.31.2021
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families and small businesses. This is not just a sales job—it’s a career with purpose and opportunity. You’ll provide peace of mind to your clients while helping them navigate challenges that many of them find complex and confusing, such as preparing for retirement and saving for college. As an insurance agent, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact of your work for years to come. You will grow personally and professionally along with your clients.
Are you a leader who has the following traits?
As a mutual company, with no investors or outside owners, New York Life is uniquely aligned with our client’s interests and priorities. We had over 176 years of industry success. Some of our accolades include:
New York Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Lance Gillman Senior Partner, New York Life