One out of three former interns becomes a full-time financial representative following graduation. Our internship will give you a solid foundation of business-building skills and knowledge for immediate and future career success. The confidence you develop, coupled with the insight you have gained as a financial representative intern, can put you on the path toward a profitable and fulfilling future.
- Compile each client’s financial information to determine financial goals, financial status, cash flow, and financial expectations
- Create customized financial plans suitable for each client based on potential life changes and changing financial needs
- Execute exceptional customer service to existing clients; track and monitor communications in the client file, including strategies and financial advice given
- Help clients implement financial recommendations such as life insurance, savings plans, mutual funds, and other financial products
- Synthesize and present financial recommendations and strategies that are suitable based on client risk tolerance and financial objectives
- The chance to develop networking and business relationship skills with the help of a mentor
- Flexible work schedule that enables students to manage their own calendar
- State licenses for life, health and accident insurance and the opportunity to take securities licenses
- Compensation that rewards you based on the results you produce through the effort you apply
- An opportunity to try out or get a head start on a full time career as a financial representative
- Experience with computer programs, such as MS Office, Google Suite, CRM systems, and financial planning software is essential
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Exemplary communication skills, math skills, relationship skills, and customer service skills are vital
$10 - $100 hourly
About Northwestern Mutual
The Northwestern Mutual Difference: We make plans for people, not just money. So no matter your goals, we have access to top-rated products and services to help you meet each one.
- Best Life Insurance Company ranked by NerdWallet, April 2019
- Highest financial strength ratings of any life insurer from all four major rating agencies2
- Top 5 U.S. Independent Investment Broker-Dealer3
2017-2019 and TM, NerdWallet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
A.M. Best Company, A++ (highest), 04/20; Fitch Ratings, AAA (highest), 08/20; Moody's Investors Service, Aaa (highest), 07/20; S&P Global Ratings, AA+ (second highest), 06/20. Ratings are subject to change. Ratings are for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company and Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company.
Measured by 2019 total revenues. Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC. Sources: Financial Advisor Magazine and Investment News, May 2020.