MassMutual Northern California
The Financial Planning Associate will provide support to the Fee-Based Financial Planning Department by performing case analysis enabling the exploration of viable financial solutions for Clients. By serving as a value-added resource in this area, the position drives firm productivity by ensuring a thorough review of case options and the best possible solutions for each Client to address the Client’s holistic planning needs.
- Research and determine comprehensive and customized financial solutions for Clients and ensure they meet the firm’s standards
- Analyze financial planning software output and written recommendations to develop a comprehensive financial plan
- Maintain proactive communication with planners regarding plan design. Follow up and track the progress of all cases.
- Generates correspondence and composes financial plan descriptions
- Continually seeks to expand and enhance personal knowledge of plan development (i.e. - through participation in Company and industry education opportunities). This enables the associate to proactively meet the plan design needs of the firm with new and innovative solutions.
- Supports other Firm initiatives and projects as requested by management, (such as training, technology, and/or administration)
- 2 – 3 years in the financial industry preferred
- Strong working knowledge of products/services available in the insurance and investment industries
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet concurrent project deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Teams)
- Life and Health Insurance licenses and/or professional designations or plans to attain them are a plus.
About MassMutual Northern California
For over 100 years MassMutual’s Northern California office has served the hard-working individuals and businesses of Northern California.
Our goal has always been consistent: To maximize financial security for our clients and their families and to maximize the efficiency of their hard-earned dollars at work. MassMutual is a mutual company. That means we don’t have shareholders. Instead, we operate by giving our excess profits back to our clients/policyholders in a form of a dividend. 160+ years in business with the strongest financial position (A++ Ratings!)
Named “Best Places to Work in the Bay” by San Francisco Business Times.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance