New York Life
Entry-level or new college graduate opportunities rarely give you a financial professional opportunity that allows you to manage your career. As a Financial Assistant Manager, you will not only manage your book of clients but provide clients with insurance options and customer service. You will help clients prepare for long-term financial stability and security.
We are currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a passion for making a positive impact on peoples’ lives. Your collegiate experience as a student, a member of student organizations, a leader, or a student-athlete has given you the skills you need to launch a career in a company with a well-known reputation and resources. Your enterprising spirit and desire for personal growth can take you wherever you want to go, and we can help.
As a Financial Assistant Manager, you will have the freedom to build your network of insurance clients and business associates who are looking for insurance and financial solutions. Many of our Agents started their careers with us, right out of college. Entry-Level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education
- Discipline to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself
We offer you not just another job, but career possibilities!
You do not need sales, business development, marketing, or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.
Our comprehensive training program will help give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision.
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- A 4-year degree is preferred but not required
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person")
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- The desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with us:
- Career advancement - Continue to build a business or, if qualified, move into management – the choice is up to you. Criteria for management are defined and quantifiable. After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: sales development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in hiring, marketing, or training
- Training – Our University: One of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry
- Constant support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. We offer the feeling of being in business for yourself, but not by yourself. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you, and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge, and application -- we want our new agents to be successful
- Integrity Represent a company you can believe in, be proud of, and find a career home with
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) Plan after one year of service and Defined Pension Plan*
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
*Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, agent, and the form of payment you choose. The company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason.
We strive to be the best every day, the same as you. Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
We are among the strongest and most respected financial companies in America today, ranking #65 on the 2017 Fortune 100 list. We have earned the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from the major rating agencies such as Standard & Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA). Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Reports as of 8/117. For over 60 years, we have led the way in the industry with the most US members of the Million Dollar Round Table, the standard of excellence for life insurance sales performance in the insurance and financial services industry.
Take the first step to your future success.
$35,000 to $50,000
About New York Life
- We promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both of you
- #73 on Fortune 100 in 2020
- A leading company with many agents qualifying for MDRT2 year after year
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard and Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 9/12/19
- Full-time agents and their dependents are immediately eligible for medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and group term life insurance. New York Life reserves the right to terminate benefit plans at any time for any reason.
- MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) is recognized throughout the industry as the standard of excellence in life insurance sales performance.