Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Analyst will prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial revenue and expense performance, depreciation, and other related areas for special managerial reports, fiscal planning, budget forecasting, costs evaluation and special projects. Ensure practices are in accordance with company policy, accounting principles, and regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research. (75-90%)
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and analyze trends in sales, finance, general business conditions, and identify and report significant variances to management.
- Develop and implement short and long-range plans and current year forecasts, ensuring that accounting records, data and statistics meet the needs of management.
- Prepare financial reports as requested by management. Present results of research and analyses and provide recommendations in written and verbal presentation formats.
- Capital Budget preparation; fixed asset tracking and reconciliation procedures
- Lease renewal analysis including Visual Lease system maintenance and reporting
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts and record appropriate entries. Investigate, correct and follow-up on any inaccuracies identified.
- Annual tax package and related analysis; and/or legal and regulatory reports.
- Assist with annual audit requests and ensure auditors are furnished with complete and accurate data.
- May assist with accounting duties related to cash management, escrow administration, agent accounts or other transaction records and reporting. (10-15%)
- Assist in the development of business policies, conduct special financial and business-related studies and cooperate with other departments in the preparation of analysis. (5-10%)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business; or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting, with an emphasis in financial analysis.
- Experience with financial analysis methods and tools.
- Related industry experience helpful.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of analysis, accuracy, quality, and detail orientation.
- High degree of integrity.
- Technical skills related to real estate, mortgage, or franchise finance.
- Knowledge to complete complex financial analysis, excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Able to work independently and as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Experience with accounting and general ledger software. Data extraction & manipulation experience.
- Strong Microsoft skills; including PowerPoint presentations.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills; including Pivot tables; VLookups; macros.
- Experience with Visual Lease system a plus
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple task and projects concurrently; work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- CPA certification preferred
About Houlihan Lawrence
For 125 years, our team of real estate experts has been the market leader in New York City's northern suburbs. We have the largest regional and global network with long-standing international connections and partners in 65 countries.