Northwestern Mutual-SFA Agency
Our Long Island financial advisory firm seeks new financial advisors to join its growing and highly productive practice. We specialize in recruiting professionals who have experienced success in one industry and may feel capped where they are and open to translating their skillset elsewhere. No previous financial advising experience is required; we have a robust training and development program.
The ideal candidate has experience in sales, marketing, or business development, is self-motivated, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrates a history of personal success, values professional independence, maintains a high standard of ethics, and shows interest in business, finance, or entrepreneurial ventures.
While you help provide financial security to clients, Northwestern Mutual-SFA Agency is committed to offering its financial advisors a comprehensive compensation and benefits program which includes:
- Exceptional Income Potential
- The flexibility of your schedule – it is not necessary to come into the office daily, you determine your calendar
- Leadership Opportunities
- Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing – Life, Accident and Health, SIE, Series 7, Series 63
- Development Stipends
- Expense Allowance
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- Retirement Package; Pension Plan
- Group Life and Disability Income Insurance
The Financial Advisor career with Northwestern Mutual-SFA Agency allows one the opportunity to:
- Strive to understand their client's goals and visions to develop holistic financial solutions that put their clients on a path to financial success using tools such as retirement planning, insurance, investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits.
- Maintain flexibility to build their own practice while receiving support from our firm’s exceptional network of financial specialists, training and educational programs, and mentoring opportunities.
- Develop a career with NM that not only provides outstanding self-determined income potential but will, more importantly, provide the personal satisfaction of dramatically impacting the lives of others in a professional setting that emphasizes and values relationships and integrity.
- BA or BS degree from a four-year institution is preferred.
- The candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred.
- The candidate must also possess a history of personal and professional success.
- Prior financial services experience not required -- extensive training platform provided.
$136,000 at plan
About Northwestern Mutual-SFA Agency
Northwestern Mutual-SFA Agency has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 165 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve clients.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- FORTUNE® 500 Rank: No. 90
- One of the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies (FORTUNE Magazine, 2021)
- Best Places to Work #82 (Glassdoor, 2021)
- Unsurpassed Financial Strength Rating among US Life Insurance Companies
- TOP 10 Independent Broker-Dealer (Financial Advisor Magazine and InvestmentNews)