New York Life - Denver Metro
Financial Advisor Sales
Our mission is to provide financial security and peace of mind through our insurance, annuity, and investment solutions. We act with integrity and humanity in all our interactions with our policy owners, business partners, and one another. Grounded in both confidence and humility, we serve as stewards for the long term. We are here for good, reflecting both the permanence of New York Life and our commitment to do the right thing in business and society. Everything we do has one overriding purpose: to be there when our policy owners need us.
We are looking for entrepreneurial minded people in the community to help guide and grow the New York Life footprint in our general office of Colorado.
- More than 9-10 Americans over the age of 60 do not have a retirement income plan.
- Long Term Care continues to build a strong foundation in a client's portfolio as the cost of care continues to rise.
- We believe every person should have life insurance, however we use our life insurance as a risk mitigation tool in our holistic planning process. Many people we come into contact with only know life insurance is used for the beneficiary death benefits and generational wealth, while we love to teach about using life insurance as a tax-free growth vehicle as well.
- People are living longer these days, but their retirement portfolios haven't accounted for inflation and that sustainable income to last as long as they need. We have many different fixed products and income streams to help our clients reach their potential financial goals.
New York Life provides the resources and ongoing support you would expect from a Fortune 100 company. Our programs give you the ability to work with highly successful, established agents and managers who assist you in developing a clientele. Training, Support, and Professional Development: New York Life offers a comprehensive three-year training program, marketing support, as well as prospecting, and technical assistance. If you enjoy conversations with the community and building relationships with whomever you come into contact with, you should take a genuine look at this career.
- Spend time listening to new and potential clients, assess their priorities and finances, and determine suitable insurance plan options that successfully meet their individual insurance needs. We like to be considered consultants and teachers of the industry rather than salespeople. It is important to be involved in the community and find things that you have a passion to do
- Implement sales strategies and tactics proven effective in maintaining and growing existing customer portfolios comprised of loyal, long-term clients. We work with clients throughout their lifetime, not just in helping them achieve their goals.
- Ensure bookkeeping systems, sales databases, and customer records are maintained to report progress toward monthly initiatives to stakeholders. We use SalesForce for our CRM system, which helps our advisors manage these systems, databases, and records. Our Management staff will also train the right candidate in utilizing these systems to build your business.
- Stay abreast of insurance industry protocols and policy changes to ensure fulfillment of all policy requirements, and monitor insurance claims to ensure mutual satisfaction. It is our focus to make sure we help you stay informed on key industry and financial topics. We host short meetings and gatherings to keep our Agents/Financial Advisors informed on the ever-changing marketplace. We set up training classes and have weekly meetings to help guide our agents with the market updates and changes.
- Create tailored risk management strategies directly with clients that align with their risk profiles. Our process is to gather the client's information and take that information back to our team of professionals who will guide each advisor on building these customized portfolios for their clients. We use a holistic planning approach in making sure we work with our clients throughout their lifetime.
- Associates in a related field of finance, accounting, or economics OR a 4-year College Degree
- The candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- Enterprising mindset
- Competitive spirit with a coachable attitude
- Strong desire to help others
- Willing to be licensed to sell financial products and take SIE and Series 6, series 63 before coming to management
- Must live in the state of Colorado.
It is also a plus if you have strong interpersonal management skills, are a self-starter, and are capable of working individually as well as in a team environment.
As you continue in your career there will be multiple different career opportunities. This could range from you owning the business yourself and hiring other agents, to joining an already established firm in Colorado. Speak with one of our other licensed professionals in the industry, or simply continue your career as a Financial Advisor and run your practice individually.
Lastly, we also have management opportunities in our career paths, that for the right individual can truly be life-changing! We highly encourage each candidate to have an open mind through the interview process and make sure they gather all information about our career opportunities. Once they have been through the process, they can make their career decision based on the information they obtained. Send in your application and resume so we can review and set up an interview today!
$90,000 - $150,000 at plan
About New York Life - Denver Metro
New York Life is among the strongest and most respected financial companies in the world. New York Life has received the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer by each of the four major rating companies: A.M. Best (A++), Standard & Poor’s (AA+), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), and Fitch (AAA)¹. For 66 consecutive years, we have led the Million Dollar Round Table with more members than any other insurance or financial institution in the world.
Financial Advisors offer investment advisory services through Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. Registered Representatives offer securities through NYLIFE Securities LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), A Licensed Insurance Agency - Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V