The Financial Professional Associate career with Prudential Advisors is multi-faceted. In general, the enterprising individual who successfully qualifies and is selected for this career opportunity will work within a team of Financial Professionals whose goal is to successfully help their clients.
The Financial Professional Associate will participate in a comprehensive development program that is ongoing throughout their career and designed to offer many future career choices. Those choices include (among others) becoming a solution specialist, a fee-based financial planner, or progressing into a leadership role and leading a team of advisors.
A Financial Professional also has the opportunity to earn a great income with a performance-based compensation plan along with other great benefits such as a 401k plan, health/dental/vision plans, and a cash balance pension plan.
- Consult with clients to create needs-based solutions to help them meet their financial goals by applying a combination of investment, protection, and retirement planning strategies
- Assist existing Prudential clients through our lead generation programs
- Work in a team environment to assemble the best possible solutions for clients
- Create a marketing and business plan with support from our local leadership team
- Provide fee-based financial planning for clients when appropriate
Essential Career Functions
A successful Financial Professional Associate at Prudential Advisors can master the complexities of our industry. They will understand how changes in our industry and the world can affect the recommendations we make to clients.
A day in the life of a Financial Professional may include the following:
- Developing marketing strategies to continually engage existing clients and prospect for potential clients
- Analyzing information gathered from client meetings and developing proposed solutions
- Conduct outreaches to existing clients to ensure their portfolios are current and satisfactory to meet their individual needs and goals
- Delivering educational presentations or seminars to individuals or groups regarding a broad range of topics relevant to investment, retirement, or protection options
- Ensuring that all work abides by compliance standards set forth by the industry’s regulatory bodies as well as Prudential Advisors
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
Prudential Advisors, one of the Prudential Financial Companies, is looking for individuals who are committed to making an impact in the lives of the people with whom we work. Because of our comprehensive training and development program, no prior knowledge of the financial services industry is required, but prior exposure to the industry and the career is a plus. Also, previous sales experience can support a stronger start in this career.
We are seeking individuals with these attributes:
- Enterprising mindset
- An engaging and compelling communicator and negotiator
- Problem solver
- Life-long student (seeks continued education and professional development)
- A college degree is a plus but equivalent work/life experience will be considered. A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Customer service champion
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Create financial solutions tailored for clients based on their goals
- Work with existing clients to answer questions on their current contracts and assist them in updating their financial portfolio
- Work in a team environment with other advisors to learn from their experience and work to become a senior joint work coach supporting new advisors that join the team
- Develop market strategies to grow your own client base to reach more people and help them with their financial goals
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Pass specific licensing exams during our training program - Illinois state insurance exam, Securities Industry Essential exam, and the Series 7 and Series 66 exams
- Complete company-specific training in a virtual format and a self-paced format based on your personal schedule
- Good people skills such as building relationships, succeeding in a team setting, and being coachable
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Unique teaming opportunities with a lead mentor in Bloomington and Peoria, IL areas
- Can work well in a flexible environment
$70,000+ at plan, commission
About Prudential Advisors
At Prudential, our work helps drive a simple, powerful series of events: one that begins when individual and institutional clients come to us with financial challenges both great and small. It's a process we've refined since 1875, thanks to a mindset guided by our business strength and the intelligence of our solutions - each a standard-bearer in the market. We do this through meeting our clients when, where, and how they want to be served: through digital platforms, face-to-face, or a hybrid approach. We create trusted relationships between clients and financial professionals that build lasting bonds to ensure long-term success for both parties. Also, Prudential prides itself on delivering financial advice and guidance that makes lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world.