Begin your professional development as an intern with Northwestern Mutual.
One of America’s Top 15 internships according to Vault.com, Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative interns strive to understand their client's goals and visions to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to achieve their financial objectives.
Our Financial Representative interns come from varying academic backgrounds and experiences to build rewarding practices and relationships with our clients. As you excel in your internship, you will be supported by our network of specialists, training programs, and mentoring opportunities to help your clients and to build your practice.
By joining our team, you'll have access to:
- An award-winning training program to help you get started
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition, and rewards
- The opportunity to design your roadmap to leadership and specialized roles
- Leading industry products and solutions built on an integrated technology platform
- Financial support for professional designations and certifications, such as the CFP® certification or Series 6 & 63 licenses, which will boost your career from Financial Representative intern to Financial Advisor
- A rewarding career, with extraordinary income potential and a variable compensation model, including recognition and bonuses, where hard work directly relates to your sales results
- Representatives help clients to achieve and maintain financial security by providing financial advice and matching solutions with clients’ needs and goals
- Develop rapport with clients and foster long-term relationships
- Be knowledgeable about Northwestern Mutual financial products and financial market trends
- Build and maintain client bases, keep current client financial plans up-to-date and build a portfolio of new clients on an ongoing basis
- Provide dedicated and focused client experiences
- Actively working towards a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or another related field is recommended but not required
- Needs to have the ability to market and network with potential clients
- Willingness and eagerness to learn about the financial industry and our various products and offerings
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and integrity with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual is here for what’s most important—helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years. Through a distinctive big-picture approach, including both insurance and investments, we’re helping people navigate life and guide them to their goals today, and in the days to come. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
With $265.0 billion in assets, $28.1 billion in revenues, and more than $1.8 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.5 million people who rely on us for life, disability income, and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage, and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $125 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management company and investment services.