Yana Feldman & Associates, PLLC
This job is IN PERSON in our Brooklyn office.
Do you take pride in your work?
Do you want to see how your contributions can have a positive impact on people's lives?
Do you want to have colleagues who will help you succeed?
We are looking for an A player with a great work ethic to join our team of attorneys and colleagues to help families.
We are a Brooklyn-based boutique Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm. While most of our staff are remote now, we still have a friendly (remote) office and a true team that works together to accomplish clients' goals. Our office is in Sunset Park/Industry City.
We are seeking a part-time (approx. 20-25 hours/week) employee interested in getting their foot in the door to gain office experience and supporting a very busy (mostly remote) legal team by making sure that everything is running smoothly in the office.
- While the lawyers and paralegals are working remotely, you need to make sure that the right documents get to the right people, including our team, clients, courts, banks, etc. Your work would include:
- Review documents for completeness
- Print documents and flag where signatures are needed
- Prepare cover letter using templates
- Mail documents
- Make copies
- Customer service for clients to schedule signings and follow up
- Follow up with clients to make sure they received the documents
- Prepare for in-person signing appointments
- Scan documents
- Create binders for organizing client documents
- Keep office and files in good working order
- Courier and run errands
- We will pay for you to take the notary exam.
- You must be detail-oriented, take pride in your work, interested in learning new skills, and a good communicator with our remote team, clients, etc.
- Your role is to make sure that the little details are in order, but we will make sure you understand why that is important.
- You must be someone who writes down all the steps in the process so that you can make sure they are all checked off.
- This is a part-time job that requires you to be present in the office. We practice social distancing, masking, and comply with all CDC, OSHA, and other best practices for employee protection.
- You do not need legal experience, but you should be comfortable using technology (we are a mostly remote firm) and you should be able to prepare a cover letter with no grammatical or spelling errors. There is some client contact, so you must be patient and well-spoken.
Starting salary is $18/hour (W-2).
Please apply with a short cover email/letter and a resume. We will send qualified candidates a written quiz/interview and invite those who complete it successfully for a Zoom interview.
About Yana Feldman & Associates, PLLC
We are legacy lawyers - our firm helps our clients to protect and create a legacy for their families - we want to create a lifelong relationship with our clients and that starts by making sure their experience with our firm is positive and productive.
We are growing fast, and we are investing time and energy in building our A-Team. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.