Attorney Sharon Jackson, LLC
This an Entry Level office position. While the person will have other duties, the main role of this person is to copy, scan and rename documents. This person will work in the copy room most of the day. You must be able to stand for long periods and lift multiple large boxes of papers. This person will also perform other general office duties.
- Organize and prepare documents for scanning.
- Accurately save and rename documents (use correct spelling and format so that documents can be easily located by others and time is not wasted searching for incorrectly named files).
- Quality check all sans to ensure all pages to the document were scanned and to ensure the copies are straight.
- Move electronic documents to the correct location after they are saved and renamed.
- Answer telephones professionally and transfer to the appropriate person.
- Create new files for clients.
- Create labels for client file folders.
- Draft basic emails using company format.
- Use MS Office- Outlook and MS. Word to create documents and emails.
- Organize and file physical documents in the correct location so that they can be easily located at trial.
- Follow complex instructions.
- Write down detailed notes on how to perform new tasks to avoid retraining.
- Familiar with common spellings of names.
- Prior use of high speed office copy machines preferred.
- Experience with routine office problems such as copy jams preferred.
- Excellent attendance, work ethics and work habits.
- Commitment to following strong Covid safety practices
- Work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain professionalism- No person calls or problems that affect work.
- Flexible, team player willing to do any job needed for firm success.
- Good driving record, own vehicle and insurance to file documents at the courthouse or deliver to other local attorneys.
- Basic office skills, problem solving and intuition.
- Excellent listing skills and ability to learn less complex tasks with ease.
- Ability to accept coaching and feedback from peers and supervisors.
- Typing at least 40 words per minute (please take free online test to make sure you are able to do this).
- Stable, reliable, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Honesty/Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
*All jobs require a background check and no drug use.
$8 - $10 hour
About Attorney Sharon Jackson, LLC
Small family law firm. Strong Covid safety policies. Onsite work required. Excellent benefits and opportunity for growth.