Rural Mutual Insurance
Fantastic opportunity to join the territorial underwriting department of a financially strong, successful property & casualty insurance company. The territory would be NW/Eau Claire/Marshfield/LaCrosse Wisconsin.
This is a work-from-home position. Company vehicle, computer, and cell phone are provided.
- Evaluate farm and commercial risks for acceptance, rejection, or modification in compliance with Company procedures and
- guidelines. This includes physical inspection of these risks and providing risk management information to agents, policyholders and/or prospects.
- Prepare complete instructions for the rating and issuance of new policies.
- Apply and substantiate Individual Rate Modification for farm and commercial policies (except Worker’s Compensation).
- Participate in agent training.
- Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of field work, with travel to counties within an assigned territory, with office availability for completion of reports, applications and communication with home office and agents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of farm and/or property/casualty underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated superior communications skills.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Self motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of construction types for buildings and the basic mechanical systems (plumbing, heating and electrical).
- Ability to operate a personal computer including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Additional education in CPCU or other industry related coursework preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field preferred.
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish, Hmong, etc.) are a plus.
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual is a Wisconsin-based property and casualty company, known for strong financial performance and strength. Our success and recognized reputation in the marketplace create stability and opportunities for our employees. We are employee and family-oriented and offer a variety of benefits, which promote a healthy balance of work and home life.
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 13th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.