When it comes to installing, servicing, or troubleshooting equipment issues, are you the best of the best?
The Field Service Technician is a critical role in our business. You will be responsible for the installation and technical support of Weber's industrial food production equipment and maintaining exceptional customer relationships, resolution of customer's technical issues, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties. This position requires frequent travel, excellent documentation of service reports, and a commitment to excellence. Weber's total compensation package is designed to reward the best field service technicians in the industry. If you are tired of fixing mistakes other technicians make, then we want to talk with you. We screen our service technicians carefully. If you are chosen to join our service team, then you will work with the best people, on the best equipment, in the market today.
The job responsibilities are detailed below, bottom-line, we want you to take care of the customer by demonstrating your positive attitude, superior skills, and knowledge in installing, servicing, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment in a reasonable amount of time. Provides a communication link between the customer and Weber, Inc. to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Installs and/or repairs equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications in a timely manner while communicating with technical logistics manager on a regular basis to give updates on current job status and receive additional job assignments.
- Maintain quality and quantity of work on equipment. Listens attentively and asks questions as appropriate. Complete work assignments with minimum supervision. Retrieve and respond to messages daily on all communication tools.
- Completes Service Documentation in Salesforce on what was repaired during the service call and time spent on the call. Reports are complete, accurate, and submitted at the time of site departure.
- Consistently makes travel arrangements within company policy guidelines and in the most cost-effective and time-efficient manner possible. Keeps service team members and customers informed of arrival times. Travel arrangements will include hotel, car rental, and airline flights.
- Weekly Expense Reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner. All expenses incurred are handled in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide contact information for the service team for future service needs and parts needs. Ensure the customer are comfortable with the operational and safety procedures of their equipment.
- Associate degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar discipline; or two years field service, packaging, maintenance, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- United States Military Veteran (Preferred) If your background includes military training in mechanical and electrical systems, then we want to talk with you.
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required).
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC): 1 year (Preferred).
- Up to 75% travel is required, depending on customer needs. Must maintain flexibly scheduled and work outside of normal business hours, as needed. This position requires significant travel.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude needed.
- Must have the ability to respond and adjust to changing or new situations. Work well in high-stress environments and maintain professionalism in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Needs to be a self-starter and have the ability to work in unsupervised settings.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic mechanical, electronic, and operational aspects of machines.
- Responsible for machine service and concentrates on problem-solving and preventative maintenance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization, work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry while applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- You must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions by interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, as well as have a working knowledge of database applications and contact management systems such as Salesforce and SAP.
$25+ per hour + fully benefits package
About Weber Inc.
The success of the Weber company is relatively easy to explain: Our convincing performance and service are cause for enthusiasm. With uncompromising high quality, innovative solutions. Our markets are changing at an incredibly high speed. That is why we remain in motion. That's why we are seeking the most talented people who want to work in an environment where they are supported, challenged, and encouraged to think beyond what's possible today. We believe in the perfect portion for our customers as well as our employees.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer exceptional benefits including:
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision, Life
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible and Health spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite Gym
- Weekly Subsidy