The Field Service Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the field crews and field installation performance, as well as for analyzing and planning major/complex installations and the refinement of work orders prior to installation. Oversees the scheduling and training of field service representatives, sub-contractors, and directs support services. Develops methods, guidelines, and policies to facilitate efficient service delivery and installation completion. The Field Service Supervisor ensures all customer issues are satisfactorily resolved utilizing engineering, manufacturing, and other teams as needed.
- Handles field staff employees and or subcontractors.
- Reviews project-specific details for completeness and understanding, and annotates those plans as necessary prior to distribution to the field crews.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and sites as necessary, develops work plans, daily/weekly progress reports, and reviews those plans with RapidAir personnel, field leads, and crews.
- Works with sales, design, project management, project coordinators/sales assistants in the analysis, estimating, and planning of installations providing detailed installation estimates as required, including total hours, direct job costs, and fixed quotes.
- Helps set field procedures; ensures field crews adhere to installation procedures and processes, including paperwork, material handling, work processes, etc.
- Ensures that field paperwork and administrative activities are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Trains crews to have a responsible and technically adept interface with contractors, trades, building management, etc. Ensures that work rules and regulations are clear, understood, and enforced.
- Ensures that material is handled with care and that customer’s property is protected and undamaged.
- Visits field installations as needed and oversees the management of field installations, ensuring that installations are on-time and complete, ensuring the highest quality workmanship, and that product is assembled per plan adhering to the installation schedule, work plan, estimated dealer cost, and man-hours.
- Ensures that product assembly techniques are appropriate and consistent.
- Ensures that the work process is standardized and performed in a similar manner by all crews and field personnel.
- Ensures that customer relations and interface are professional and responsive.
- Help troubleshoot problems with RapidAir products and Systems.
- Provide regular updates to the senior leadership team as needed and or required.
- Supports the company safety program with all company employees and visitors.
- Ability to follow directions in a consistent and productive manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Skilled critical thinking skills.
- Ability to make authoritative decisions.
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Strong technical/engineering understanding.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of field service management or project management experience required.
- Must have a strong technical ability (on compressed air systems a bonus)
- Should be able to interact and develop relationships with the sales department, customers, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in the use of MS Office products, especially Word and Excel, and CRM databases. (Salesforce experience preferred.)
- Previous safety and/or hazmat training is a plus.
- Valid driver's license.
- Previous forklift operating certification is a plus.
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule.
- Dynamic and passionate with a strong teamwork mentality.
- Ideal candidate lives in the Mid-West
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50% or as needed during peak times, via air or motor vehicle.
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to receive communication and direction clearly.
- Clean drug screening.
$70,000 - $80,000
We are a manufacturer and distributor of compressed air piping systems, components, kits, replacement parts, and other accessories. The company sells its compressed air piping systems under three brand names and provides air compressors and numerous accessories, including filter regulators, moisture drains, couplers, fittings, and hose reels. The company sells through its own e-commerce website and via e-tailers, farm and ranch retailers, distributors, contractors, and direct to commercial and industrial businesses. Key applications include packaging lines, inert gas distribution, robotics, valve actuation/control systems, welding, and other pneumatic applications. RapidAir has customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
For more information, please visit the following website: www.rapidairproducts.com