We are a small family owned business operating out of Taylor, MI. How small? Well, we currently have 20 full time employees and would like to add one more to join our team. A little about us, we like to have fun and enjoy our work. If you pop into our fabrication shop you may see some of our guys riding bikes or tinkering with motorized skateboards. If you stop by at the end of the day on a Friday you’ll see that we serve free beer! Yes, you actually just read that. Now that we have your attention, let’s get back to the real purpose of this job posting. We are in need of a Field Service Engineer. This position is perfect for someone who grew up playing with Legos or always took things apart as a kid and enjoyed putting them back together. We need someone who is innovative and loves to problem solve while providing excellent customer service.
Our employees are an extremely important part of our organization and we show them that we genuinely care about them by providing internal customer service regardless of their position. We break the barriers and traditions that are typically seen in corporate environments by keeping an open flow of respect and servitude throughout our organization. Our passion for our customers and industry has led us to search for another dynamic Field Service Engineer that shares our drive, understands our vision and can go above and beyond to deliver superior customer service time and time again. We are dedicated to helping our employees grow personally and professionally as well as providing a culture that is geared towards helping them succeed. Our benefits include:
This position is critical to the success of our company and we will be depending on you to provide our customers with what they need in a timely fashion. We service a wide range, from large corporations to small startup companies. Regardless of their size we think they are awesome and love to show them we care.
So now that we told you how awesome we are (and how awesome our customers are), let’s dive a little bit deeper into what we would like from you:
1) You need to be a team player. One of the perks of being a small company is that our employees often times get to learn skills that may be outside of their specific focus or job description. If we have a deadline to meet we may need all hands-on deck, including yours! We are all working towards the same goal and helping each other is part of our core values. Don’t worry, we also know that wearing too many hats can be counterproductive and we don’t believe in overworking our employees.
2) You need to genuinely enjoy helping others. The level of service that we provide to our customers is most easily carried out by those who have a helpful nature. This attribute is a must for this important customer-facing position.
3) You need strong interpersonal communication skills. As most of your interaction with customers may be over the phone, having stellar communication skills is necessary. Clear, concise communication will benefit our customers and allow them to not only enjoy their relationship with us but also will enhance their experience as we service their needs. This position is unique in that it allows you to literally be the face of the company and gives you a leg up on building and strengthening the customer relationships that we value.
4) We need you to be fairly qualified. We will definitely provide training and set you up for success; however, being experienced with hydraulics and/or pneumatics, PLC’s, HMI’s or PC-based control systems will get you off to the right start. It’s better to build a house on a strong foundation and we feel the same way about filling this position.
5) You must be willing to learn. Although you may be very qualified and experienced we always encourage our employees to think outside of the box and continue to develop both personally and professionally. As a company we encourage our employees to read our booklist and attend training programs that help foster innovation and better serve our customers.
6) You have to be very detail oriented. Our customers may have specific needs and we want to ensure that their requests are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. Paying close attention to their needs and following through with their requests accurately and in a timely fashion will help us ensure customer satisfaction.
7) You have to enjoy traveling. This position will require visits to customer sites. Service/installation trips are scheduled as needed and the amount of travel is typically 3-10 days a month. We understand that frequent travel is not a one-size-fits-all and hope that you will carefully take this requirement into consideration before submitting your application.
Congratulations, you made it all the way through this job posting! Although we are genuinely in need of filling this position in a timely fashion, we understand how important it is that we find the correct culture fit for our work family. After submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to complete a personality assessment. Please note that completion of the assessment is required in order for us to review your application. Our hiring process may be a unique experience for you, but we promise we will keep you posted every step of the way. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you soon!