Semper Home Loans, Inc.
Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for a lucrative opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, let’s connect!
- Review loan files to determine compliance with lender credit underwriting guidelines as well as government guidelines
- Review and validate borrower(s): income (including complex business and personal tax returns), credit, asset documentation, title and fraud reports
- Analyze loan files to determine credit worthiness of borrower
- Prioritize and manage files among new submissions, documents, and funding
- Work as a team with loan officers and other professionals to ensure file completeness
- Review appraisal process to ensure the value of the property is accurately presented
- Maintain production standard goals as established by management
- Re-underwrite loans if and when additional information has been received
- Be proactive in researching general underwriting scenarios and guidelines to stay up to date
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in mortgage underwriting including conventional, FHA, VA, and/or specialty program underwriting
- Must have an active DE CHUMS
- LAPP/SAR is preferred but not required
- Must be familiar with investor guidelines.
- Strong analytical and decision making/problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM requirements
- Encompass LOS experience required
- Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements (TRID)
$65,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Semper Home Loans, Inc.
Semper Home Loans is a continuously growing mortgage lender licensed in 40+ states closing FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie and non-conforming mortgages. We are looking for “rock stars” that want to be part of the team.
Semper Home Loans is an EEO/AA employer.