Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Federal Construction Superintendent - SSHO - QCM - Tri-Hat
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings (BBCH) is expanding! We are seeking a driven Federal Construction Trihat to join the team! They're looking for a qualified individual who has the experience and qualifications to act as the project superintendent, SSHO, and Quality Control Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing daily preventive and corrective Quality Control and Safety activities as well as acting as a project superintendent on Federal construction projects located at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- Conduct Quality Control Meetings, perform Quality and Safety inspections, review submittals, ensure testing is performed, ensure a safe workplace, coordinate and manage subcontractors, etc.
- Develop and Administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following the Army Corps Three Phases of Control)
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements
- Support subcontractors on the development of their Activity Hazard Analysis for their definable features of work and ensure in-field compliance
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing are conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems is eliminated or minimized
- Maintain and submit hazardous material reports to the government environmental office
- Conduct pre-final inspections/ establish punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government contracting and civil engineer personnel
- Submit as-builts on finished projects
- Develop and administer the Safety Program for the project (following the outline provided in EM 385)
- Responsible for the safety management of the projects
- Surveys construction projects to identify and evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, hazardous situations, and compliance with established safety standards
- Reviews the history of accidents and claims, and prepares reports and recommendations as required
- Coordinates safety of the projects as a whole schedule, loss history, upcoming activities, etc., and provides stimulus for proactive loss control efforts
- Conduct accident investigations and provide recommendations for corrective/preventive action
- Conduct site-specific safety orientation
- Assists in the development and implementation of standardized Safety Programs
- Interfaces with existing company safety professionals to direct and improve the effectiveness of safety standards, codes, and regulations
- Coordinates, develops, and/or conducts weekly safety meetings
- Reviews subcontractor safety program to ensure compliance with projects safety standards
- Assures the proper level of training for subcontractors
- Assures the proper use of productive equipment
- Provide daily on-site supervision of subcontractors
- Monitor contractor production, schedule, and performance
- Manage subcontractor Daily Production Reports
- Assist with coordination aspects as directed by the CCI Project Managers
- Comply with all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by CCI while on shift, on-call, or attending training. Initiate problem-solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training
- Assist and fill in for CCI Project Managers when they are not available
- Assist subcontractors with Federal (Navy or USACE) procedures and rules
- Manage subcontractor base access issues
- Ensure contractors complete work on schedule while fulfilling warranty issues
- Assist Project Managers on walk-throughs with contractors and the Govt for bidding purposes
- Work directly with Public Works Department
- Communicate daily status of current projects to the Project Manager to ensure all projects are timely and within CCI standards
- Perform daily/weekly on-site customer interface
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- In-depth understanding of all Construction Divisions with an emphasis on (SRM) renovation/repair type work
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $2M or greater
- 5 years of recent experience acting in a similar role
- A minimum of 8 hours of safety training annually for the last 5 years
- OSHA 30
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling, and testing
- Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, etc.
- As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable references and background check results
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in engineering, construction, or a related field preferred.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around work sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; frequent opportunity to move about and to work outside the office environment for extended periods involving exposure to the elements with weather that will include extreme heat, cold, wind, rain or other inclement weather, walking over rough and uneven surfaces, and routine lifting of up to 35 pounds. If required, must properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times including but not limited to; hard hats, steel-toed boots, eye protection, respiratory protection, and hearing protection. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in a combination of office and outdoor site locations. The office setting includes exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Outdoor settings include walking, driving, and carrying supplies throughout all seasons with exposure to heat and cold conditions, and potentially wildlife. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
$95,000 - $110,000 yearly
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and PTO. We want you to want to come to work!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Bristol Bay Construction Holdings, LLC gives hiring, promotion, training, and retention preference to BBCH shareholders, shareholder descendants, and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.