Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC (BBCH) is growing! We are seeking an experienced, technically proficient, Federal Construction Quality Control Manager to join our CCI General Contractors, LLC team, a subsidiary of BBCH. In this role, you will be responsible for managing daily preventive and corrective Quality Control activities on Federal construction projects. The candidate must be able to conduct Quality Control Meetings, perform inspections, review submittals, and ensure testing is performed. Prepare all Quality Control certifications and documentation required.
The initial project is located at NAS Pensacola, FL and is ~$50M Design / Build construction of a Hurricane Sally SRM repair project. The QC Manager would be working with an onsite team consisting of multiple Project Manager an SSHO, and multiple Superintendents. This QCM would be working with a team consisting of a Project Manager, SSHOs, and multiple superintendents. Ability to work as a team is paramount.
- Develop and Administer the Quality Control Plan for the project (following Army Corps Three Phases of Control).
- Certify that all submittals are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure requirements are met for each construction process.
- Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and CQC assistance to staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Review all catalog cuts and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure all water, soil, materials, and mechanical systems testing are conducted by approved personnel and/or approved testing facilities.
- Distribute written inspection/test results to appropriate agencies.
- Ensure effective and timely preventive and corrective actions are taken and recurrence of problems are eliminated or minimized.
- Maintain and submit hazardous material reports to government environmental office.
- Conduct pre-final inspections/ establish punch list if required/ ensure all deficiencies are corrected.
- Coordinate and conduct final inspections with government contracting and civil engineer personnel.
- Submit as-builts on finished projects.
Job Requirements Mandatory:
- In-depth understanding of all Construction Divisions with an emphasis on civil/mechanical/HVAC/plumbing /electrical renovation/repair work.
- 10+ years in vertical construction experience desired with 5+ years on projects $5M or greater.
- Knowledge of construction i.e. prints, plans, procedures, scheduling and testing.
- Certification in Total Construction Quality Management for Contractors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem-Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity - Respectful and sensitive to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Work with integrity and ethics; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyze market and competition, identify external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accept responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments. Is polite, conversational, self-confident, comfortable to be with and non-assuming.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills - Has the ability to build effective teams, inspire others to be their best, and coach and mentor. Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion. Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third parties. Embraces lifelong learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in engineering, construction or a related field preferred.
- US Citizenship required
- A valid U.S Drivers License is required
- Annual salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
- As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable references and background check results.
Job is performed in a combination of office and outdoor site locations. The office setting includes exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Outdoor settings include walking, driving, and carrying supplies throughout all seasons with exposure to heat and cold conditions, and potentially wildlife. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and loud noise.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around work sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; frequent opportunity to move about and to work outside the office environment for extended periods involving exposure to the elements with weather that will include extreme heat, cold, wind, rain or other inclement weather, walking over rough and uneven surfaces, and routine lifting of up to 35 pounds. If required, must properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times including but not limited to; hard hats, steel-toed boots, eye protection, respiratory protection, and hearing protection. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$85,000 - $100,000
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and PTO. We want you to want to come to work!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Bristol Bay Construction Holdings, LLC gives hiring, promotion, training, and retention preference to BBCH shareholders, shareholder descendants, and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.