The Farm & Land Company Inc.
As Farm Manager you will be responsible for directing all activities directly related to growing up to 3,000 acres of almonds, walnuts, grapes, and a variety of row crops from pruning, thinning and harvesting, to irrigation and pest management. Working directly with the Owner/Ranch Operations Manager, and working with a talented group of supervisors, you will be responsible for directing the efforts of employees to help grow quality high yield crops.
The successful candidate will be forward-thinking, open to new technologies and ideas, organized, have strong people skills, and excellent communication. This position requires someone who can both work independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
- Report directly to the Owner/Ranch Operations Manager
- Direct and operate the overall operations of a variety of crops
- Manage and supervise pruning, irrigation, cultural practices, and harvest
- Coordinate Irrigation management using excel spreadsheets
- Coordinate spray applications and soil fertilization management (must know calibration)
- Coordinate with other employees for efficient team-driven results
- Oversight of proper documentation and report directly to the office
- Assist with strategic and operational planning
- Optimize the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of all field operations while maintaining a safe working environment
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Management or a related field preferred
- 5 years of work experience managing a farm required
- Experience with orchard, vineyard, and row crop production
- Ability to communicate and interact with others
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Must have good computer and analytical skills
- Technologically savvy – work with high-density orchards, platforms, sensors, etc
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate temperature extremes of below freezing in the winter to several consecutive days with highs over 100 degrees in the summer
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to plan ahead and see the whole picture
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- A competitive benefits package including healthcare, 401(k) and paid vacation and sick time
- Job type: Full-time
$48,000 - $62,000 yearly
About The Farm & Land Company Inc.
The Farm and Land Company Inc. is a growing agricultural, commercial, and residential real estate company focusing on investments in the central valley and central coast of California. Our mission is to create sustainable, environmentally friendly farms, provide home rental opportunities, and unique workspace and retail options. We are 100% team focused and only hire the best of the best.