Full Heart Family Therapy
We are seeking licensed therapists who are passionate about providing long-term relationship solutions to couples and families in their community. If this describes you, we may have a fantastic opportunity for you as our marriage and family therapist. Responsibilities include guiding patients through crises, diagnosing psychological disorders, highlighting problematic patterns that need to be changed, improving communication, and assisting patients in addressing dysfunctional behaviors. You must have current licensure as an LMFT (licensed marriage and family therapist) and 1-3 years of experience providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. Please apply today if you are committed to providing high-quality care to your patients.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of patients in compliance with facility and license requirements
- Provide mental health services to families, couples, individuals, and children utilizing solution-focused therapy strategies for improving relationships
- Collaborate with community organizations and attend weekly clinical team meetings
- Test, interview, observe, and hold discussion sessions with individuals, significant others, and family members to conduct intake and needs assessments
- Plan, carry out, and assess therapeutic treatment programs for each patient individually
- Provide clinical supervision to temporary licensed professionals and oversight of clinical documentation
- Requires CPR and BLS (Basic Life Support) certifications
- State license that is current, unrestricted, and in good standing for a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) or equivalent
- Superb problem-solving and analytical skills are required, as well as outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have 1-3 years of marriage and family therapy experience in a clinical setting
- High school diploma or GED and a bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or equivalent; master's degree preferred
- 3+ years in a clinical setting counseling individuals, couples, and families is required
- License to practice psychotherapy in Iowa (LMFT, LISW, LMHC)
- Approved supervisor status in the State of Iowa (or ability to obtain)
- Experience working with addiction and trauma in families
$60 - $75 hourly
About Full Heart Family Therapy
Full Heart Family Therapy is a holistic mental health center in Des Moines, Iowa. We focus on helping support our clients with a wrap-around approach to mental, emotional, relational, and spiritual healing modalities. Our mental health team is highly trained and specializes in working with individuals, couples, and families who are healing from the effects of addiction and trauma.
Our team is highly supportive and collaborative. We value being relational and practice it within our center as well as with clients. We believe that caring for our clients starts with caring for ourselves and each other!