Family Forum, Inc.
Family Support Specialist- Part Time
The Family Support Specialist ensures family partnership policies and procedures are met by partnering with and supporting classroom teachers, home visitors, and families.
- Engages, through the use of motivational interviewing, in mutually respectful goal-oriented partnerships with families to promote parent-child relationships and family well-being
- Support families' safety, health, financial stability, life goals, and aspirations by guiding them in identifying the strengths they already possess for solving their challenges, sharing resources with their approval, and accepting their choices
- Support families in developing goals through the use of research-proven strategies such as motivational interviewing, routines based interviewing, or family mapping
- Conducts home visits with families to support goal development and implementation through the use of motivational interviewing
- Organizes and facilitates parenting classes using the Conscious Discipline parenting curriculum at minimum two times per year
- Data entry
Eligible to participate in the 403B retirement program
Paid vacation, sick, wellness, and funeral leave.
- 20 hours per week
- Required: Associate degree in social work or a related field
- Preferred Bachelor's degree (increases the hourly rate of pay to $16.74)
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.