Our law firm is seeking a family attorney who can assist our clients, on a contract basis, in navigating the sensitive legal issues of family law, including child custody, child abuse, and domestic violence. Jobseekers should be equally familiar with prenuptial agreements, divorce, spousal support, child support, and real estate, and be able to litigate and negotiate even in highly stressful and emotional situations. If you are driven by an opportunity to help people during one of the toughest times in their lives and have a proven track record of success, apply now.
This is a great opportunity for remote work.
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Maintain client files to ensure they are properly organized and up to date
- Create legal documents such as pleadings, motions, marital settlement agreements, contracts, judgements and orders for a high volume of cases
- Attend court proceedings as needed to represent clients
- Undergraduate degree with a legal background and Juris Doctor degree required
- Candidates should be great negotiators and communicators, specifically in situations when emotions and stress are high
- At least 1-2 years of working in a law firm on family law issues as well as real estate (determining marital property) is necessary
About Melone Hatley
Melone Hatley is a female-owned business with offices in Virginia Beach and Fairfax. We prioritize our clients through exemplary legal work, client communication, and an understanding approach. We value a real work/life balance and believe that are biggest asset is our team.