805 Law Group
Our law firm is seeking a family attorney who can assist our clients in navigating the sensitive legal issues of family law, including child custody, child abuse, and domestic violence. Jobseekers should be equally familiar with prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child support, and real estate, and be able to effectively engage in oral debate and negotiation even in highly stressful and emotional situations. If you are driven by an opportunity to help people during one of the toughest times in their lives and have a proven track record of success, apply now.
- Prepare legal documents such as legal pleadings, motions, marital settlement agreements, contracts, judgments, and orders for a high volume of cases
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Communicate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move through the civil litigation process
- Ensure clients are effectively represented at court hearings as needed
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Undergraduate degree with a legal background and Juris Doctor degree required
- Strong knowledge base of representing plaintiffs and defendants
- Active membership with the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Prior work or studies in criminal justice preferred
Who Are We Looking For?
- 2+ years of experience in family law
- A Family Law Specialist is a plus
- Winning track record
- Bright and creative professional with a high desire to succeed
- Exemplary client service skills
- Detail-oriented with strong drafting and negotiating skills
About 805 Law Group
805 Law Group is a trusted Central Coast law firm with over 20 years of experience protecting the rights of our clients in San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, and Monterey County. We are a dynamic group of professionals that are dedicated to supporting each other and providing the very best legal services to our local community.
Our compensation system is competitive with all leading firms in our area. In addition to salary, we also have a bonus system based on an attorney’s contribution to the Firm. The Firm recognizes billable hours, community involvement, participation in firm committees, and business development when considering a lawyer's bonus and salary increase.
The Firm pays for required continuing education hours and, with approval, any additional courses that directly impact the lawyer's practice specialization. The Firm also offers a package of benefits, including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation.