The Law Office of Stacy D Heard, PLLC
Our Paralegal is a superstar who values strategic client communication to help clients reach their goals with empathy and excellence.
Our Paralegal performs a variety of tasks to help the legal team including legal research and writing, drafting of legal documents, and managing and organizing discovery.
Our Paralegal understands the value of task delegation to the Firm and to the Client and creating a team approach to get more done in less time.
Our Paralegal also enjoys opportunities to network with other colleagues and community members to build the reputation of the Firm and the Team in the community.
Client Focused Tasks:
- Engage in Preliminary Legal Research and Writing on basic issues.
- Draft legal pleadings with client information.
- Engage with Legal Team to understand legal strategy on each case so the Legal Team can be in alignment with the client’s interest in reaching their goal, the team’s interest in moving clients forward and the Firm’s interest in creating raving fans.
- Communicate with clients throughout the client’s journey so they fully understand the progress on their case.
- Manage and analyze discovery
- Prepare memorandums to the file and correspondence throughout the case to appropriately apprise team members and the client of the status of the last 2 steps taken and the next 3 steps planned so everyone understands the plan.
· Administrative/ Team/ Financial Tasks:
- Engage with the Team to create a collaborative culture including contributing and participating in team trainings, team builders and other growth opportunities.
- Create billable time entries that convey tasks performed and demonstrate forward movement to the client; review and analyze the tracking numbers and stay on target with Key Performance Indicators set by quarter.
- Keep files updated, organized and attorneys prepared.
- Complete required billable hours.
· Marketing Tasks:
- Suggest thoughtful gifts and thank you to referrals and others who have gone out of their way to help us.
- Engage in Social Media in a positive and supporting role to the firm and to amplify the brand and amazing fun, vibrant culture of the firm.
- On occasion, participate in podcasts, audio recordings, videos and live streams to help promote our message.
· Other Duties:
- Create efficiencies through developing and refining the Firm’s systems including the policies and procedures, examples, templates, scripts, diagrams, workflows, and videos.
- Analyze statistical information to better understand how we can improve our services and the time we spend servicing our clients.
- Great Organizational skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Proven experience as a Paralegal = 10+ years
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of legal strategies and position of clients
- Strong creativity and desire to innovate with new strategies to better serve our clients and to streamline our firm
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Great organizational skills and ability to lead and delegate.
- Resilient problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail including grammar and spelling
- Solid base of customer-service
- Good knowledge of legal research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of basic office programs, Law Management Computer Software and online applications
About The Law Office of Stacy D Heard, PLLC
The Law Office of Stacy D. Heard, PLLC advises clients on divorce, legal separation, complex financial issues, parenting plans and custody disputes, international child custody disputes, relocation, paternity, modifications of parenting plans, and child support orders, as well as other post-dissolution matters.
The Firm is well-respected for its intense advocacy, strong work ethic, pragmatism, and compassion in cases involving both traditional and non-traditional families. The firm provides caring counsel to clients while, at the same time, advocating skillfully and effectively.