We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role in our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
$37,000 - $47,000 yearly
About McKinnon Legal
McKINNON LEGAL's passion lies in bringing about better solutions for the family litigation clients we serve. We aspire to expand her practice to a multiple-lawyer organization to serve more families going through hard times coping and resolving a myriad of issues, including co-parenting, timesharing, the amicable division of assets acquired during the marriage, support and other ancillary matters related to the family. We enjoy bringing people out of difficult situations and are grateful when they let us know how our firm has made a huge impact on the trajectory of their futures. We love bringing resolution to acrimonious situations and helping post-divorce parties live better.