Jarbath Pena Law Group
Part-Time Family Law Paralegal
Do you love digging into research and helping people? We’re hiring a paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, filing motions, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. Applicants should be experienced, highly organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Compile, organize and redact discovery documents
- Provide case status updates to the clients
- Call the Court and opposing counsel and schedule hearings
- Bill for time for tasks performed
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Talented communicator and writer
- At least 2 years of experience in legal services under a Family Law attorney in a law firm setting.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English or Haitian/Creole is preferred, but not required
$16 - $22 hourly
About Jarbath Pena Law Group
We are a fast-growing and energetic boutique law firm in Coral Gables, Florida looking for an individual to enhance our team. We are a tri-lingual law group that helps families create their new beginnings. Our main practice areas are family law and immigration law.