Hargrave Family Law
Family Law Firm Attorney - Hybrid/Remote Eligible
Do you look forward to going to work each day? Life's too short to start your day with dread. We want to come to work each day. At our firm, you will be a part of a team where firm culture is a top priority. We invest in each team member as well as in our firm as a whole. You will work with an exceptional team who works collaboratively and creatively, supporting our clients as well as each other's professional growth.
At the heart of it, we help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently. Helping clients end marriages in a manner consistent with their core values is our mission. Clients deserve better than a process that ends in unnecessary, outright warfare. We help our clients see that divorce can become a transitional period of remarkable growth and transformation focused on the future rather than the past. We empower our clients so they know they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way.
If you’re a collaborator at heart, let us hear from you. We are seeking the perfect match for a superior, seasoned, strategic, creative Senior Attorney with at least 5 years of prior experience in a family law firm in Texas.
This role in our firm is crucial to caring for our clients in both a compassionate and efficient manner, and to guide them through our collaborative, cooperative approach. The perfect applicant must be able to:
- Proactively and creatively strategize and develop a plan for achieving the client’s goals; think outside the box
- Assist in monitoring, prioritizing, organizing, and facilitating daily workflow for self, paralegals, support staff
- Monitor and promote effective daily operations and firm operational systems as they apply to client work
- Oversee the scheduling of appointments and hearings; oversee tracking of deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Actively participate in developing and implementing case strategy and litigation plans
- Prepare in-depth for hearings, trials, conferences, and mediations; collaborate with paralegals and support staff regarding the same
- Timely review client invoices to ensure accuracy as well as monitor case events
- Be open to being mentored and guided regarding continued professional development and growth
- Participate in spreading the word about our firm and collaborative approach by engaging in marketing activities and events
- Maintain professional development through CLE, seminars, and workshops; you will have a CLE budget to assist you in this regard
- Comply with all federal, state, county, and local laws and rules, legal standards, codes, and regulations; remain in good standing with the State Bar of Texas
An Attorney at our Firm unequivocally has the following skills:
- Highly collaborative in nature
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, court personnel, and Firm members to foster a cooperative approach
- Strong history of proactively moving client cases forward toward a timely resolution, minimizing conflict along the way
- Receptive to feedback and additional professional training opportunities to hone skills
- Capable of creating an innovative solution unique to a family’s needs
- Robust skills in legal drafting, research
- Adept at mediation and negotiation in a non-adversarial manner
- Quick-witted sense of humor to fit in with our highly-spirited team
- Capable of showing compassion and empathy to both our clients and team
See benefits described elsewhere.
$85,000 - $110,000 yearly + bonus
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits for all full-time positions:
- Paid Holidays (immediate)
- PTO (eligible at 90 days)
- Health Insurance Benefits (eligible at 60 days, partially subsidized)
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible at 180 days, subsidized)
- 401(k) benefits (eligible at 1 year with employer contributions)
- Cell phone reimbursement up to $70/month
- Remote/Hybrid work locations available for most positions