Hargrave Family Law
Are You Our New Team Member?
We help good people end broken marriages by practicing family law differently, helping clients end marriages in a manner consistent with their values. Our clients deserve better than a process that ends in warfare. Divorce can become a period of remarkable growth and transformation when you focus on the future that you want to create rather than the past. People need to know that they have options when facing a divorce. We help them find a better way. Are you the right person to help us do that?
If you’re a collaborator at heart, let us hear from you. We are seeking the perfect match for a superior Attorney with at least 5-9 years prior experience in a family law firm in Texas, with experience in the Dallas Metroplex a plus.
Please read this posting and subsequent emails carefully; we will automatically screen out and reject any candidate who does not follow all instructions during the application process.
This role in our firm is crucial to caring for our clients in both a compassionate and efficient manner and guiding them through our collaborative, cooperative approach. The perfect applicant must be able to:
- Creatively strategize and develop a plan for achieving the client’s goals; think outside the box
- Assist in monitoring, prioritizing, organizing, and facilitating daily workflow for self, paralegals, support staff
- Monitor and promote effective daily operations and firm operational systems as they apply to client work; monitor case dockets, calendar, events, and deadlines; manage own calendars, oversee the scheduling of appointments, and hearings; oversee tracking of deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Oversee, counsel, and mentor paralegals, supporting them in further developing expertise and skills; provide ongoing feedback to paralegals; provide input in the employee review process
- Actively participate in developing and implementing case strategy and litigation plans
- Thoroughly prepare for hearings, trials, conferences, and mediations; collaborate with paralegals and support staff
- Enter time accurately and contemporaneously into the Firm’s case management system; timely review client invoices to ensure accuracy as well as monitor case events
- Participate as necessary in addressing accounts receivable balances on client cases
- Be open to being mentored and guided regarding professional development
- Participate in spreading the word about our firm and approach by engaging in marketing activities, including networking opportunities and events, writing blogs, conducting presentations, leading potential client consultations, maintaining contact with former clients and lead sources, and other marketing activities as requested
- Assist the Owner and Executive Director in furthering the mission of the Firm as directed; assist Executive Director in implementing Firm policies, procedures, and other directives regarding paralegals and support staff
- Further professional development through CLE, seminars, and workshops
- Comply with all federal, state, county, and local laws and rules, legal standards, codes, regulations
An Attorney at our Firm unequivocally has the following skills:
- Highly collaborative in nature; strong Interpersonal skills in working with clients, attorneys, court personnel, and Firm members to foster a cooperative approach to minimize conflict
- Strong history of proactively moving client cases forward toward a timely resolution
- Proven ability in training and managing paralegals and support staff effectively
- Knowledge of personnel management skills
- Receptive to feedback and additional training to hone skills
- Capable of creating an innovative solution unique to a family’s needs
- Robust skills in legal drafting
- Adept at mediation and negotiation
- Quick-witted sense of humor to fit in with our highly-spirited team
- Capable of showing compassion and empathy to our clients, and care about our team
$75,000 - $95,000 yearly
About Hargrave Family Law
Hargrave Family Law is a boutique family law firm specializing in a divorce using collaborative, non-adversarial techniques and creative solutions. We are committed to finding the right solution for each of our unique clients, advocating for them to protect what matters most while never losing sight of their core values.
The particulars on benefits for all full-time positions:
- Paid Holidays (immediate)
- PTO (eligible at 90 days)
- Health Insurance benefits (eligible at 60 days, partially subsidized)
- Long Term Disability Insurance benefits (eligible at 80 days, subsidized)
- 401(k) benefits (eligible at 1 year with employer contributions)