Ward Family Law Group
Ward Family Law Group is a small law firm that limits its practice exclusively to family law matters—including high conflict custody disputes, complex equitable distribution cases, alimony, child support, domestic violence, as well as the negotiation of Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements. v We are looking for a hard-working, creative and solutions-oriented attorney who is committed to helping families find individualized solutions to complicated issues. The ideal candidate is someone who is not afraid to litigate but who also understands that rarely should family law issues be litigated. We are looking for a problem solver. We handle cases primarily in Wake, Johnston, Durham and Chatham Counties. We have offices locations in Cary and Wake Forest. The position allows for some flexibility for a hybrid work environment.
- Manage family law caseload with little supervision from start to finish--from the initial consultation to closing the file
- Assist other senior attorneys in the office with their family law cases
- Draft legal documents---letters, settlement offers, pleadings, discovery, Prenuptial Agreements, Separation Agreements, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are absolutely necessary. Family law attorneys draft settlement agreements, legal pleadings and orders that require great detail, advocacy and are specific to each family's situation. There is little "template" drafting in what we do as family law attorneys
- Analyze financial issues and be able to create financial budgets and marital property distribution schedules. Work with financial advisors, accountants, and other financial experts
- Understand basics of child development. Ability to work with therapists and custody specialists
- Experience in negotiating, mediating and litigating family law disputes, a plus but not necessary if trial experience is in the Raleigh-Durham/Triangle Family Courts. Finding solutions to a problem is what we do. The ideal candidate must be able to utilize effectively a number of different strategies to bring about a solution to the client's issues. Intelligence, intuitiveness, creativity, and common sense are essential
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Experience in family law and a passion and commitment to the practice of family law
- Dedication to the profession of law
- Licensed in North Carolina by NC State Bar
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams/Outlook/Word/Excel and MyCase
- Ability to work with client files managed/stored in electronic-only format
- Ability to collaborate with office staff as a team leader
- Inquisitive, hardworking
- Willingness to learn
$70,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Ward Family Law Group
Ward Family Law Group is a small firm where there are lots of opportunities for the right fit. We have four attorneys and three support/administrative/office staff. We use a cloud-based case management program to manage our cases.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) Plan.