Law Office of Shelly Jean John
Manage Client Cases (Legal)
Do you want an important job where you get to help people going through a rough patch in their lives? Our law firm is seeking an organized and friendly person to work alongside attorneys to achieve our clients’ goals during their divorce or child custody matter.
We need someone who is an effective communicator, incredibly organized, is good at keeping notes/updating daily reports, and is able to manage many tasks. Our ideal applicant will have experience working with clients, managing projects/cases/calendars, knows the importance of logging everything, and has an intermediate understanding of California's divorce system.
If you are looking to take your job in the legal industry to the next level (without passing the bar exam!) while having a big impact, please apply today!
- Support attorneys with all aspects of case management, including billing, docketing deadlines, and providing reminders as needed
- Examine legal documents to assure all legal requirements have been met
- Manage, update, and organize all case files and information with regard to engagement, whether electronic or paper, in accordance with firm policies
- Update clients and outside counsel on case status as requested
- Maintain the client's file (all online)
- Ensure that no due dates are ever missed
- Speak and email clients about all aspects of their case so they are always aware of the status of their case
- Be a self-starter and able to effectively manage multiple matters at once
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as effective communication skills, both written and oral are needed
- 55 wpm
- Proficient with Google Docs and Sheets, Word, Outlook, and case management software
- A high school diploma or general education degree [GED] is required
- An associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1 - 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant [preferably in a family law firm], legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor with a sense of humor and upbeat personality
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines
- This is a full-time position Monday - Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm
- We can discuss whether this might be a hybrid of remote and in-office
- Even in a remote position, there will be days when you will need to go to our main office in Ontario, California, or to one of the Courts in various counties that we service
$17 - $25 hourly
About Law Office of Shelly Jean John
I have always had a passion for helping and empowering others. After completing my undergraduate degree in Communications and Political Science, I was intrigued by the challenges and opportunities of a legal career and decided to pursue that wholeheartedly. I'm so glad to have made that decision, as through my education and professional experience, I have truly felt time and again that this is my calling.
Since graduating from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1998, I have been proudly serving individuals and families across Southern California with high-quality legal services in the area of family law. I opened my own firm in 2000, and to expand the services I was able to offer clients, became a trained mediator and completed Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training with SCPG.