Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
Are you “THE ONE” we’ve been looking for?
Are you and Divorce and Family law attorney?
Are you tired of the corporate grind and know you want a better work/life balance?
Are you a great attorney who wants to help clients, but doesn’t want to or is tired of the marketing and management grind and metrics it takes to run your own law firm?
Do you feel called to serve others to help them navigate end of life issues?
Are you ready to demonstrate your expertise in an ambitious firm?
Then, please read on…
The Law Office of Polly A. Tatum is expanding its family law practice and is seeking to employ an Associate Attorney.
The Firm is committed to:
- Client Education and excellent community service
- Providing a professional service with kindness and compassion
- Prioritizing and preserving the client’s dignity and peace of mind
We want to be known for helping our clients through an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that truly cared and fought for them.
Job Type: This is a full-time job where you will need to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work for 40 hours per week.
Pay: Negotiable based on experience
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Maintain client files to ensure they are properly organized and up to date
- Manage the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings when needed
- Prepare legal documents such as legal pleadings, motions, marital settlement agreements, contracts, judgments, and orders for a high volume of cases
- Support the Central Massachusetts Law Office
- Maintain the standards and ethics of a member of the Court
- Provide strategic legal and administrative support and direction
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer i.e. the Owner
- Synthesizing legal research and analysis into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to a client, court or, arbitrator
- Appearing in a court of law, arbitration or, other judicial tribunals on behalf of the firm's client, as well as presenting well-reasoned arguments to the judicial body
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
- Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation
- Preparing discovery, and responses to discovery demands
- Meeting with clients to review discovery responses
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions
- Prior work or studies in criminal justice preferred
- Experience at a legal firm working on family law and real estate issues (determining marital property) for at least 1-2 years is required
- Proven record of success in advocating for plaintiffs and defendants
- Candidates should be great negotiators and communicators, specifically in situations when emotions and stress are high
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
If the following statements describe you, then you may be our next Associate Attorney!
- You respect yourself and everyone you engage with
- You are an amazing scheduler placing a high value on attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are not “Drama Driven”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- There are no tasks “beneath you” to perform
- You can respectfully and effectively delegate
- You think on your feet and make smart decisions
- You typically look to dive in and help where necessary
- A law degree from an accredited Law School
- Massachusetts Bar License
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Family law firm
- Experience in the focus area of divorce mediation
- Excellent verbal communication skills in negotiation, public speaking, and diplomacy
- Strong legal research, analytical, and writing skills
- Prior experience using CRM software such as Infusionsoft and Lawmatics is advantageous
$80,000 - $100,000
About Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services
The Law Office of Polly Tatum/Mediation Advantage Services is a family-oriented entrepreneurial law firm with a mission of making the lives of families from every phase in life, parents with young children, to elderly families better and we are seeking a sharp, driven, friendly, compassionate Associate Attorney to become part of our team for the long-term.
Our office is located in Worcester, Massachusetts.