Cabanas Law, P.A.
Our law group is growing and we are looking for a sharp family attorney who will zealously represent our clients in all areas of family law. You’ll assist individuals in a variety of situations such as navigating prenuptial agreements and attending court hearings for divorce, alimony/spousal support, and child support. The prime candidate will have experience with a range of sensitive legal issues such as child abuse, child custody, and domestic violence, and be able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively even in emotional and high-stress situations. If you are passionate about helping people navigate some of the most difficult challenges they may face in their lives, start your application today
- Collaborate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move files through the civil litigation process
- Ensure clients are effectively represented at court hearings as needed
- Assist clients effectively by understanding their needs analyzing the situation then strategizing and deciding on a proper course of action
- Organize and maintain client files to ensure they are kept current
- Divide marital assets, including real estate, when necessary during divorce proceedings
- Undergraduate degree with a legal background and Juris Doctor degree required
- Ability to successfully represent both plaintiff and defendant sides of a case
- At least 1-2 years of working in a law firm on family law issues as well as real estate (determining marital property) is necessary
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- 3+ years of experience in family court appearances is required
- Extensive mediation experience
- An active member of the Florida Bar
- Supervisory experience of a legal team preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish is a plus but not required!
$80,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Cabanas Law, P.A.
Cabanas Law Firm, a fully-bilingual, Broward County-based law firm focusing exclusively on Divorce and Family Law matters throughout South Florida. Our attorneys all have over 20 years of experience and focus on sharp, innovative, and goal-oriented solutions to our clients’ divorce and related family legal issues. Through technology and streamlined remote delivery procedures, we provide Platinum-level service to busy, time-crunched professionals who want their legal matters resolved promptly and with the least disruption to their daily lives and goals.