DOMESTIC RELATIONS/FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
We are seeking a skilled, passionate, and capable associate attorney who will be an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, and boutique law firm.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute their knowledge and experiences to strengthen our team. Halligan LLC is poised for growth, and we are looking for a skilled and committed attorney who will hit the ground running to provide our clients with outstanding representation.
The ideal candidate must have strong research and writing skills, excellent rapport with clients, and extensive court experience. The ideal candidate must be passionate about family law, dedicated to assisting clients in challenging periods of their lives, and be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients.
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience. For the right candidate, we offer a competitive base salary between $90,000 and $200,000, in addition to the opportunity to earn regular bonus compensation for performance, billable hour achievement, and client generation. The benefits package includes attorney registration dues, paid time off, sick time, dental, vision, and medical insurance, a monthly internet stipend, and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions. The firm offers associates who regularly meet performance benchmarks the ability to work on a remote or hybrid basis.
- Conduct efficient client meetings
- Devise and implement strategies to reach the client’s goals
- Provide high-level production support on complex family law cases
- Engage in full-service family law services, which may include representing pre and post-decree, child custody and modification of parenting plans
- Independently maintain an average caseload and monitor and mentor less senior attorney cases
- Directly supervise the quality of work performed by associates and paralegals
- Delegate work as appropriate while balancing client expenses, support staff ability, and case need
- Conduct discovery, providing high-level legal research support when needed, draft and review complex pleadings and motions, conduct pretrial hearings and conferences, motion hearings, mediation, and family law trials
If these statements apply to you, then keep reading:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year of experience successfully helping clients achieve their desires in their family law matters. Experience in Colorado Family Law is highly preferred
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of and experience with complex high asset cases
- Applicant must be able to manage a caseload of a minimum of 25 active cases
- Personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are extremely important considerations
- Applicant believes in continued professional development, actively participates in continuing legal education, and is aware of his/her own knowledge gaps
- The applicant is an advocate of inclusivity and diversity in the workplace
- Applicant is able to work directly with Managing Partner to assist on an as-needed and by-request basis
- Applicant values a work-life balance and does so while meeting work responsibilities
- Applicant sets reasonable boundaries for client communication and attorney availability
- Applicant is a high-achiever and self-motivated and supports his/her team members in doing so as well
- Applicant maintains exceptional levels of professional and decorum under all circumstances
- Applicant sets realistic client expectations and engages in appropriate client management
- Applicant employs a keen eye for detail and takes pride in the quality of his or her work
$90,000- $200,000 yearly
About Halligan LLC
How to Apply
We are excited to hear from the candidates! If this opportunity aligns with you, we look forward to reviewing your credentials and learning more about you and your career goals!