Collins Family Law Group
Our law group is growing and we are looking for a sharp family attorney who will zealously represent our clients in all areas of family law. You’ll assist individuals in a variety of situations such as navigating prenuptial agreements and attending court hearings for divorce, alimony/spousal support, and child support. The prime candidate will have experience with a range of sensitive legal issues such as child abuse, child custody, and domestic violence, and be able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively even in emotional and high-stress situations. If you are passionate about helping people navigate some of the most difficult challenges they may face in their lives, start your application today.
- Help solve legal problems for clients through analyzing the situation, understanding their needs, and creating a strategic plan of action
- Handle the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings as needed
- Draft pleadings, motions, contracts, marital settlement agreements, judgments, and orders for a high volume of cases
- Attend court proceedings as needed to represent clients
- Collaborate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move files through the civil litigation process
- Experience with billing and keeping track of billable time on cases
- At least 1-2 years of working in a law firm on family law issues as well as real estate (determining marital property) are necessary
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Ability to successfully represent both plaintiff and defendant sides of a case
- Prior work or studies in criminal justice preferred
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the ABA (American Bar Association)
About Collins Family Law Group
We are a fast-growing Family Law Firm with multiple offices in North Carolina and South Carolina. We are looking for members to add to our team who are fierce, strong, and compassionate as well as ethical, professional, and trustworthy. You must be committed to excellence, value clients, and want to be a part of something extraordinary.