The Colwell Law Group
Our growing law firm is looking to hire a family attorney who is fiercely passionate about representing clients facing one of the most challenging times in their lives. Candidates should be adept at preparing necessary legal documents in connection with prenuptial agreements, initiating and finalizing divorces, maintenance, child support/child custody, and real estate. Experience in handling legal issues such as child abuse, child custody, and domestic violence is also a must. If you have a proven record of success both in and out of court, we want to hear from you!
- Represent clients in court proceedings as needed
- Handle the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings as needed
- Communicate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move through the civil litigation process
- Create legal documents such as pleadings, motions, marital settlement agreements, contracts, judgements and orders for a high volume of cases
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- At least 1-2 years of working in a law firm on family law issues as well as real estate (determining marital property) is necessary
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Ability to successfully represent both plaintiff and defendant sides of a case
$60,000 - $90,000 yearly
About The Colwell Law Group
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for a new associate. We maintain a small firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!