Z Family Law, LLC
We are a fast-growing law firm that practices in Maryland and the District of Columbia. We see family law challenges as an opportunity for growth for our clients and a chance to reexamine their priorities and reimagine their lives. We are looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented, technology-friendly attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation and the ultimate customer service experience. To excel in this position, you need to have compassion and the ability to build relationships with your clients and know your way around a courtroom.
- Take ownership of a client's case – discovery, pleadings, motions, collaboration and mediation, pretrial hearings, motion hearings, trials, and post-judgment matters.
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies.
- Delegate work to legal assistants and collaborate with them to serve our clients.
- Working together with other lawyers in the firm to meet clients’ more complex needs.
- Work on cases within a team environment where collaborating with colleagues is the expectation, not the exception.
Who You Are:
- The most important qualifications are that you: (1) understand the importance of delivering an incredible client experience, (2) have an excellent skill set for legal research and writing; (3) have a true passion for being in a courtroom; (4) profess a proficiency for legal problem-solving, (5) work best in a team environment; and (6) demonstrate a commitment to continuing legal education.
- You are happy in fast-paced work environments, enjoy working in a team, and have an empathetic approach with clients.
- You can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and you know where to find the rules and caselaw to back up that case strategy.
- You are comfortable in a courtroom and know how to project confidence and competence when representing our clients.
- You excel at setting realistic expectations for our clients and managing those expectations as the case progresses.
- If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone build their new life, you will like the way we think.
- You appreciate the value of streamlined policies and procedures to ensure that each client receives excellent representation and you are comfortable adapting your personal style to incorporate our high standards of care.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are extremely important considerations.
- We are growing, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. You are someone who is not afraid to pitch in and help where the team needs it.
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About Z Family Law, LLC
Z Family Law, LLC, is a boutique family law firm in Rockville, Maryland that exists to empower and assist our clients to achieve the best possible version of their next chapter, whether this is through obtaining a divorce, modifying a child custody agreement, drafting a prenuptial agreement, assisting with adoption, or modifying child support. It is the Firm’s stance that a divorce or family law matter is not the end of who you are but an opportunity to reinvent yourself and to dream a new dream. This makes us more than just a divorce attorney. Divorce and family law matters are not the end of our client's stories, but merely the close of a chapter in their lives and the start of their new journey.