Melissa Pearce & Associates, PLC
Our law group is growing and we are looking for a sharp family attorney who will zealously represent our clients in all areas of family law. You’ll assist individuals in a variety of situations such as navigating prenuptial agreements and attending court hearings for divorce, alimony/spousal support, and child support. The prime candidate will have experience with a range of sensitive legal issues such as child custody, parenting time, and domestic violence, and be able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively even in emotional and high-stress situations. If you are passionate about helping people navigate some of the most difficult challenges they may face in their lives, start your application today
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Attend court proceedings as needed to represent clients
- Manage the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings when needed
- Organize and maintain client files to ensure they are kept current
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Draft pleadings, motions, contracts, marital settlement agreements, judgments, and orders for a high volume of cases.
- At least 1-2 years of working in a law firm on family law issues as well as real estate (determining marital property) is necessary
- Strong knowledge base of representing plaintiffs and defendants
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the SBM (State Bar of Michigan)
$72,000 - $91,000 yearly
About Melissa Pearce & Associates, PLC
While working as a team with our clients, we strengthen our communities by changing the way parents redefine their family so that children are emotionally strong and develop stronger relationships with both parents. In our firm, families come first for our staff and our clients. If you value the importance of family, please apply.