The Colwell Law Group
Our law firm is seeking a family attorney who can assist our clients in navigating the sensitive legal issues of family law, including child custody, child abuse, and domestic violence. Jobseekers should be equally familiar with prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child support, and real estate, and be able to effectively engage in oral debate and negotiation even in highly stressful and emotional situations. If you are driven by an opportunity to help people during one of the toughest times in their lives and have a proven track record of success, apply now.
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Ensure clients are effectively represented at court hearings as needed
- Organize and maintain client files to ensure they are kept current
- Draft pleadings, motions, contracts, marital settlement agreements, judgements, and orders for a high volume of cases
- Assist clients effectively by understanding their needs analyzing the situation then strategizing and deciding on a proper course of action
- Must have worked on family law issues for at least 1-2 years; handling of real estate also required
- Great negotiation and communication skills, particularly in stressful and emotional situations
- Strong knowledge base of representing plaintiffs and defendants
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
- Extra consideration for those with a criminal justice background
- Must be admitted to practice law in New York State and in good standing with the bar.
$60,000 - $90,000 yearly
About The Colwell Law Group
We are a family law firm focused on child custody and divorce matters in the Capital Region. We have been growing consistently over the last five years and are looking for a new associate. We maintain a small firm feel in the office and carefully guard our culture. If you are a problem solver and a team player our office should be right up your alley!