Joe Knows Energy
A CWI is employed by the owner to ensure that all contractors have the appropriate certifications and are following proper code and best practices set forth by owner. At no time will the CWI direct contractors to perform work in any certain order. If there are any deficiencies or if the CWI feels that work is not being completed in an efficient manner, the CWI will report this to the owner Job Representative immediately.
- Ensure all welders are certified through owner. Obtain a copy of their certification at the start of the project.
- Ensure all NDT technicians are certified. Obtain a copy of their certification upon their arrival.
- Verify fabrication contractor is following owner's welding procedure.
- Verify fabrication contractor is following owner's coating procedure. Verify contractor fills out coating and inspection log.
- Verify cathodic protection is in place and properly installed per owner “Flowline Cathodic Protection” SOP.
- Verify trenching and backfilling contractor is following owner's trenching best practice.
- Verify proper Torqueing technics are followed per owner’s procedure.
- Receive and verify materials on location. Including coating, wall thickness, pipe grade, and MTR’s.
- Verify pipe is hydro tested to proper pressure and time durations.
- Ensure line marker tape is installed at least 12” above pipe when back filling.
- Submit a daily report with daily worked completed by all contractors and photos.
- Submit and end of job facilities book with the following but not limited to Daily Field Reports, Job Photos, Calibration Test Certifications for Torque wrenches, and Welder Certifications.
QA/QC of contractor job book which will include MTR’s, NDT, Hydrotest etc.
- NACE preferred
- 3+ facility experience
About Joe Knows Energy
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors and construction supervisors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply PM, CM and inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline and heavy civil industries, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.