Begert Stainless, Inc.
We are currently seeking experienced Full-time Welders and Fabricators with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in the sanitary stainless industry. Our welders/fabricators work Monday - Thursday (Four 10-hour days - First shift) and have Fridays off. Enjoy 3 day weekends throughout the year! Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is currently seeking experienced, quality-driven, self-motivated, team-oriented Welders/Fabricators to join our excellent team. Tank-building experience is preferred. Must be a team player and enjoy working with others. We are family-owned and provide a family-friendly work environment.
BSI offers a competitive wage, a complete benefits package including; health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
Compensation is based upon experience.
- Strong ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifically weld symbols, weld and material finish, and required tolerances and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions).
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures for accuracy and to discover flaws.
- Create quality finishes using hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of metal finishing techniques.
- Understands the selection of welding base materials, gas, and filler wire and determines the appropriate welding equipment and method based on requirements.
- Ability to set up a welder and understand key variables.
- Properly set up all equipment (brakes, rolls, shears, drills, etc.) and use it in a safe manner.
- Prepares product to be welded by grinding, drilling, tapping, and cutting stainless steel parts.
- Align components using calipers, micrometers, protractors, rulers, and tape measures.
- Demonstrates a positive workplace attitude and ability to work with others.
- Compliance with all safety procedures, policies, and work practices.
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback and mentor others.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and organize daily tasks and goals.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Works independently with little supervision.
- Able and willing to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3+ years stainless steel experience performing TIG weld types (MIG a plus, not required).
- Tank building experience preferred (but not required).
- Successful completion of the required BSI welding test.
- Technical or professional (AWS) certification is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of mathematical principles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical documents, and drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety standards.
- Possess a working understanding of production equipment including electrical and manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.) and other necessary equipment.
- Working knowledge or experience with an ERP system is preferred but not required.
- Computer literacy is preferred.
- Ability to instruct and lead others.
- Ability to read and follow instructions and communicate with others.
We are seeking individuals with a solid work history who will also share the following BSI's Core Values: Integrity, Honesty, Loyalty, Perseverance, and Respect.
$18- $31 hourly
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
To learn more about BSI, please check out our website, including our brochure @ www.begertstainless.com and https://www.begertstainless.com/s/BSI-Tanks-Vessels
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is a family-owned company established in 2002. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed, and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customer needs, and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families, and the communities we serve.