Hilton Charlotte University Place
Our esteemed hotel is looking for a passionate food and beverage manager! You’ll ensure each guest receives world-class service by managing all aspects of our food and beverage department, including our incredible staff. Ideally, our applicant is a go-getter with hospitality experience and an unrivaled dedication to customer satisfaction. If this sounds like you and you’re up for a challenge, please apply!
- Evaluate and regularly report on guest satisfaction and advise on improvements
- Develop new menus with the culinary team that include suitable pricing structures
- Implement and monitor operation schedules of food and beverage staff
- Monitor and maintain product, supplies, and labor costs
- Ensure the smooth and successful operation of the hotel’s food and beverage department including menu development, staff oversight, customer service, budget, and schedule
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in the training, scheduling, and management of all departmental staff.
- Directs the proper set-up and breakdown of Restaurant functions.
- Ensures employee and guest safety in the restaurant.
- May assist staff in the service to Restaurant patrons.
- May fill in as a server, bartender, or bus person when staffing needs dictate.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef to ensure proper meal counts and scheduling of staff.
- Directs the proper service of food and beverage in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Participates in the conducting of pre-function meetings with staff to ensure the proper service requirements.
- Greets and maintains communication with the customer contact before and throughout the function to ensure that all arrangements are satisfactory.
- Maintains cleanliness of all service areas and equipment.
- Directs and ensures that proper handling, usage, and storage of all restaurant equipment and supplies.
- Fills in for the Restaurant Manager in his/her absence.
- Ensures that staff is in adherence to hotel uniform/grooming standards at all times.
- Maintains constant communication with the Restaurant Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Directly supervises 10 to 20 employees in the Restaurant Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Customer relationship management experience desired
- Food handling license
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent experience - higher education in hospitality or hospitality management is a plus
- Displays strong leadership qualities and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- National food and health safety regulations knowledge
- Prior F&B supervisory experience
About Hilton Charlotte University Place
Our lakeside hotel is off I-85, a half-mile from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte and steps from The Shoppes at University Place. PNC Music Pavilion and the Charlotte Motor Speedway are 10 minutes away. Features include a seasonal outdoor pool, patio seating with fire pits, a café serving Starbucks coffee, an on-site restaurant/bar, 20,000 square feet of meeting/event space, a 24-hour fitness center, and walking trails.