Begert Stainless, Inc.
Fridays Off! Work Monday thru Thursday (Four 10-hour days - First shift). Enjoy 3 day weekends throughout the year!
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is currently seeking an experienced, quality-driven, self-motivated, team-oriented Fabricator/Welder with a minimum of 3-5 years of stainless steel experience to join our excellent team of fabricators and welders. Tank building experience is preferred.
BSI offers a competitive wage, a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
This position is full time - first shift (in our Marshfield plant).
Compensation is based upon experience.
- Strong ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifically weld symbols, weld and material finish and required tolerances and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand.
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions).
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure for accuracy and to discover flaws.
- Create quality finishes using hand tools, power tools and knowledge of metal finishing techniques.
- Understands the selection of welding base materials, gas, and filler wire and determines the appropriate welding equipment and method based on requirements.
- Ability to set up a welder and understand key variables.
- Properly set-up all equipment (brakes, rolls, shears, drills, etc.) and use in a safe manner.
- Prepares product to be welded by grinding, drilling, tapping and cutting stainless steel parts.
- Align components using calipers, micrometers, protractors, rulers, and tape measures.
- Demonstrates a positive workplace attitude and ability to work with others.
- Compliance with all safety procedures, policies, and work practices.
- Able to set daily goals, and plan and organize tasks
- Works with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years minimum of proven experience performing TIG weld types (MIG a plus, not required). Stainless steel experience preferred.
- Successful completion of required BSI weld testing.
- Technical or professional (AWS) certification preferred but not required.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of mathematical principles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety standards .
- Possess a working understanding of production equipment including electrical and manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.) and other necessary equipment.
We are looking for someone with a solid work history that shares BSI's Core Values:
$18 - $24 hourly
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
To learn more about BSI, please check out our website, including our brochure @ www.begertstainless.com and https://www.begertstainless.com/s/BSI-Tanks-Vessels
Begert Stainless, Inc. (BSI) is family-owned company established in 2002. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customer needs and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families and the communities we serve.