Goldfarb Luu PC
We’re looking for an experienced Probate Court Paralegal to call our firm “home.” Every day we come to work and make a difference in the lives of our clients.
But in order to help more people, we need more help.
We are an established, fast-paced Tarzana boutique estate planning and elder law firm seeking a part-time or full-time court paralegal to assist with probates, conservatorships and some litigation matters.
We are looking for someone who is smart, responsible, trustworthy and communicative, who can think outside the box and organize and write exceptionally well. You must be willing to learn, ask questions and be a perfectionist in your work, but not be uptight as a person. The ability to work independently, have a solid emotional IQ and have a sense of humor is required.
We value our team and offer the following:
- Annual discretionary bonuses
- 401k with employer contributions
- 10 days PTO
- 8 paid holidays
- An option for flexible hours depending on your situation
- Free parking if you're local
- Fun team-building activities
- Regular team meetings
- Excellent mentoring and opportunity for personal and professional growth
- CLE and notary paid
- Superb firm culture
- Caring co-workers - we are a very supportive team
- Drama-free work environment
You will feel supported and part of a team like you've always dreamed.
- Drafting pleadings, court forms, and other legal documents
- Researching legal issues
- Corresponding with clients and other involved parties
- Managing client files for probates, conservatorship and some litigation matters
- Working with financial institutions
- Working with other attorney's offices
- Working with the County Clerk’s office
- Creating Plans for Distribution in Excel
- Creating accountings
- Accurately entering billable time
- Assisting with a variety of firm projects
- Attendance at firm events, such as client appreciation, and team-building activities (if local)
- Working closely with beneficiaries, personal representatives, and trustees
- Working for a firm with an excellent reputation in the area
- Must know current CA probate rules even if you no longer live in CA
- Must have a paralegal certificate
- Have 2-5 years of experience in working with probate matters
- Typing speed of at least 65-70 words per minute
- Proficient in using Mac computers
- Are organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently but as a team member
- Possess the ability to prioritize duties - must have great time management and gear-shifting skills
- Must have excellent follow-up skills
- Possess the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Are extremely proficient with Microsoft Office
- Are extremely proficient with Adobe
- Proficient in using a practice management software
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Meticulous file documentation
- Have familiarity with timekeeping software and experience working in a law office
- Background check and references required
$28 - $45 hourly
About Goldfarb Luu PC
The past few years or so have been incredibly challenging. Are you feeling that you might not be in the right job?
Do you want to feel invaluable and appreciated at work in a drama-free environment? Do you want to be supported and encouraged to grow your professional skills? Do you want to be beyond busy with a never-ending to-do list?
If so – we might want to meet you.
At Goldfarb Luu PC, our office is relaxed, fun and casual, but we have exceedingly high standards. We are a boutique law firm that focuses on education and long-term relationships. We help clients with their estate planning, trust administration, conservatorship, probate, and litigation needs. We work hand-in-hand with our clients in providing them with a detailed process to ensure that their legal matter is handled smoothly and completely. We want our clients to experience ultimate satisfaction and peace of mind.