Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Experienced Pipeline Construction Foreman
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises the layout, assembly, and installation of natural gas pipe including steel and HDPE pipe. Also required to work on related company projects that include natural gas pipeline facilities. We are currently diversifying the types of projects we construct and welcome those that have various utility experiences including sewer, water, fiber, telecom, and electric.
Job Status: Full Time -Year Round
Reports To: Project Superintendent
Schedule: Typically, Mon-Fri 7:00AM-6:00PM. Varies based on time of year. Some weekend work required.
- Studies project specifications with the project superintendent to plan procedures for pipe installation sequencing.
- Coordinates and supervises daily activities of 2 to 15 people
- Operates assigned heavy equipment to excavate, install and backfill as needed.
- Inspects work site to determine sequencing and method of pipe installation and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for crew safety
- Plans natural gas pipeline installation to reduce interference with other project activities and the traveling public
- Enforces company policies
- Establish a safe work environment that complies with OSHA standards and company safety program
- Comply with federal, state, and company environmental policies
- Observes assigned equipment to detect machinery malfunctions
- Operates machinery to verify repairs made. Inspects work to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherence to construction schedules
- May use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, eye levels, and transit levels to set appropriate grades for pipe installation. Reviews employee timecards
- Travel to and from the job site in company trade area (OH, PA, VA, MD, NC, WV, SC, MI, KY.)
- Other tasks as needed
- Minimum five years supervising the installation of natural gas pipeline, related natural gas facilities, and/ or utility installations
- Demonstrate steady progress of project knowledge and development
- Located within Ohio, Pennsylvania, or West Virginia
- Demonstrate ability to comprehend computer and technology skill sets
- Clean driving record
- Extensive travel required
- Position requires the employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, handle objects, reach outward, and reach above head and shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, bend, and occasionally lift /carry/push/pull/move/drag on flat ground or steep slopes up to 50 lbs.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is outdoors. Working conditions range from frigid to hot temps, high winds, flying dust, slipping hazards and conditions, and frequent exposure to loud noise from heavy equipment and machinery.
$25 - $35 hourly
About Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services is continuously dedicated to providing the utility industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment.
Our goal is to provide the greatest value in the utility construction industry. With over 50 years of experience, we look to diversify into renewable energy sectors that will continue to support the utility industry through the next 50 years.
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace offering quality benefits to employees including:
- Medical /Dental /Life Insurance
- 401K with match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Holiday and PTO/Vacation Time
- Workboot reimbursement program