New York Life - New Jersey
We are looking for a life insurance agent with an entrepreneurial spirit and amazing customer service skills to join our fast-growing insurance agency and help our clients achieve their financial goals. You’ll serve on the front lines of insurance sales, helping new customers navigate our products, processing claims and inquiries, and developing an ever-growing lead list to secure new business. If the thought of coming to work every day and making a positive impact on our client’s lives excites you, start your application today.
- Ensure all contracting paperwork is up to date while maintaining databases, records, and bookkeeping
- Onboard incoming and retain existing clients via a variety of customer service tasks, such as appointment booking, and responding to inquiries regarding billing, coverage, eligibility, and insurance policies
- Determine new customers’ insurance needs, desires, insurance risk, prior coverage, and financial standing via booked consultations to ensure the best client experience possible
- Grow new business by generating a prospective customer base and advertise our insurance products via networking, asking for referrals, cold calling, and other marketing strategies
- Process current policyholders’ insurance claims while monitoring the status of existing insurance claims
- Ability to understand the needs and financial concerns of clients.
- Ability to educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter.
- Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals.
- Cultivating relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
- Ability to build an insurance and financial practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients.
- Providing compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise.
- Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time.
- Customer service or experience as a sales representative are highly valued
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Candidates with an active Life & Health insurance license are strongly preferred
- Must have graduated high school or received GED, a Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Previous health insurance or life insurance experience a plus
- Sales experience preferred – entrepreneurial mindset, no mile too far.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Desire to help families and businesses to “Be Good At Life.”
- Strong business acumen.
- Professional business demeanor.
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge.
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks/contacts.
About New York Life - New Jersey
Backed by 175 years of experience. It is commonly known, not all service industries are the same, more to the point, not all companies are the same. Product offerings, producer support, opportunity for advancement, personal growth, ongoing training, and broad-spectrum marketing. New York Life innovatively strides the cutting edge in client servicing, systematically paving the way for success with tested processes, actively immersed with you in achieving your desired career objectives, and more. Step into a client’s life and help them achieve their financial goals while building a great career for yourselves in the process. Utilizing our expansive product lines our Agents work to guide individuals, families, and businesses toward the financial strategy that is right for them. That is no easy task, but for the right person, it can be a truly rewarding career with the potential for growth opportunities.